• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

ZTE Optik forums is a place to get support, talk about latest features, and connect with fellow owners for your phone. Feel free to ask questions or just gather the latest news or updates. Root and ROMs topics are discussed in this forumís subforum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    motorola xoom 2
    Android OS
    honeycomb

This tablet is pretty cool

I got my hands on a ZTE Optik tablet today (my cousin gave it to me, cause she decided to switch to a Blackberry Playbook). It is one of the best 7-inch Android tablets I know. The specs are incredible, considering its price. It is comfortable to hold in both portrait and especially landscape, because it has some sort of rubber "handles".

The only negative aspects I noticed is the fact that the power button is placed too high up and too close to the volume rocker. Sometimes I'm accidentally hitting volume up instead of the power when trying to turn on and off the device.

Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised to see a ZTE tablet offer so much for such a decent price. What is your opinion about the ZTE Optik ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have yet to get my hands on one but the top peeve you have with the spacing near the rocker seems to be a complaint I hear a great deal over many devices. It makes me wonder what their dev team is thinking (all of them) who continue to do this.

Device(s)
    Lenovo IdeaTab S2109
    Android OS
    ICS
    They showed me this tablet at one of the Sprint local stores last week. It seemed decent-looking, and the specs aren't that bad either. I already have two tablets, otherwise I would have thought about purchasing it. Too bad ZTE is not so popular in the USA. I read that this company is one of the most appreciated smartphones producers in China...

Device(s)
    Lenovo Thinkpad
    I never saw one before, but if you say it's so great I might check it out. I'm not a big fan of tablets myself but I never miss a chance to check out something cool.

As far as I know, ZTE is a chinese manufacturer. The specs might be good, but I'm a bit sceptic about the quality of the tabler. I'm not saying that it isn't a quality product, I'm just sceptic...

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation
    You shouldn't be. If it's not a famous brand tablet, that doesn't mean it isn't very good. You'll be surprised to find out how many quality products you can find on the chinese market...

Device(s)
    Zenithink C91
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    You shouldn't be. If it's not a famous brand tablet, that doesn't mean it isn't very good. You'll be surprised to find out how many quality products you can find on the chinese market...
    I agree, the Zenithink and Ainol Novo models are really good and last as long as the other popular brands. Whats better is that they sell for less than $150.