• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

ZTE Merit forums is a place to get support, talk about latest features, and connect with fellow owners for your phone. Feel free to ask questions or just gather the latest news or updates. Root and ROMs topics are discussed in this forumís subforum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    ZTE Merit
    Android OS

Angry ZTE Merit 990 memory management

ZTE Merit 990

I sorta' feel like Ive been duped after buying this phone. It comes with only 128 megs of internal memory that fills up real fast with just a few downloads from the Android app store. Even after moving downloads to the memory card, internal memory remains so fragmented and unavailable that I can make no more purchases or downloads from the app store. Is there a way to allocate memory from the SD card for usage by internal memory? Isn't 128 megs of internal memory "poverty level" for a modern smart phone? If I'd known this before buying I would have bought something else. My advice to others would be to NOT buy this phone if you like downloading apps, games, etc. It's a smart phone with advanced GPS that cannot handle many downloads....essentially a basic phone designed to be used out of the box as is without much more. DO NOT BUY unless there is a way revealed to allocate SD card memory to internal memory.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't think there is any way to allocate memory from the SD card for usage by internal memory. I read on another forum that, when contacted about this issue, the ZTE customer support person didn't know what to say. A lot of users complain about this issue. The ZTE Merit 990 is a low end smart phone, and you can't have too many expectations from it...

Device(s)
    ZTE Merit
    Android OS

More info

I've learned a lot more since making the original post.

Yes, the Merit/Avail is a low end smart phone, but it is a very flexible and manageable low end smart phone. One must root the phone, install a good-sized microSD card and use Link2SD or Apps2SD to move installed apps over to the SD card. I have a 64 gig card in mine, have over 60 user apps installed, overclocked the cpu and other stuff. The phone packs excellent bang for the buck once one educates themself through the forums in how to properly manage it. Best of all, at an affordable $129, if I lose it or brick it, I go buy another one and transfer my files to the new phone. Bada-bing. up and running pretty quickly.