Toshiba Thrive root - rooting, & super user guides. You can also find ROMs, Hacks, Overclocking, related kernels, and other development topics. Feel free to ask questions or try and help out others. Remember, this section is is dedicated to rooting - development topics and all related general questions.
The Toshiba Thrive is an Android OS based tablet which features a 10.1-inch display (1280 x 800), a 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 Dual-Core processor with 1GB of RAM, 8/16/32Gb of internal memory, a 5MP camera + 2MP front-facing camera and Android 3.2 Honeycomb on board. Users who are looking for an easy way to root the Toshiba Thrive can use our step by step guide listed below, which will help you root your phone within minutes. Rooting allows you to obtain super user access to your device so you can install apps and ROMs that you could not normally do. Super user access is required for custom ROMs, kernels, and apps that require root. This root method uses ThriveForums Developer dalepl's Easy Flash Tool for the Toshiba Thrive.
NOTE: This Tool only works with the following firmware versions:
How to Root the Toshiba Thrive
- Download and install the Toshiba Thrive drivers to your PC. Reboot your system once after installation
- On your device, make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from Settings > Applications > Development
- Download the Easy Flash Tool zip file to your PC and extract it to your desktop. You should get a folder named DaleNet-Thrive_10-Easy_Flash_Tool-v1.5
- Connect your tablet to the PC via USB cable
- Launch the Easy Flash Tool on your PC
- Simply follow the on-screen prompts from this point onward to go ahead and root your tablet.
- To verify root access, download and run the free Root Checker app from the Play Store
Congratulations on your rooted device. Enjoy