Sony Tablet S root - rooting, & super user guides. You can also find ROMs, Hacks, Overclocking, related kernels, and other development topics. Feel free to ask questions or try and help out others. Remember, this section is is dedicated to rooting - development topics and all related general questions.
The Sony Tablet S is the first tablet computer by Sony, which featured a dual-core processor and came with Android Honeycomb 3.0. If you have been looking for a way to root this tablet, then you are at the right place. The following guide will help you achieve root access on your Sony Tablet S in order to install Root apps as well as experiment with custom ROMs. Superuser access is required for custom roms, kernels, and apps that require root. So if your looking to gain superuser access to your android devices here is good list so you don't have to go digging around. This root method uses XDA developer djrbliss' exploit and assumes you are running Honeycomb 3.x on your Tablet S
ADB and ADB Drivers for the Tablet S - HERE
djrbliss Root exploit - HERE
How to Root the Sony Tablet S
- Download and install the ADB drivers for you device to you PC. Reboot your PC once after installation
- Enable ADB through USB for your device. You can use this guide.
- Download the Root package and extract the zipped file to your desktop.
- On your tablet, go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB debugging. Also enable Unknown Sources from Settings > Security
- Connect your Tablet to your PC. Your PC will only recognize your device if you have followed Step 2 correctly
- Open the Sony Tablet S Root folder you extracted in Step 3.
- Right click the run.bat file and select Run as Administrator to launch the root exploit
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions till your Tablet S is rooted.
That's it!! As simple as that. Your Tablet S is now rooted and you can try out several Root apps on your device Welcome to the dark side!