A development forum for any android tablets that don't have a dedicated board.
The MediaPad Lite is a budget Android tablet manufactured by Chinese OEM Huawei. It features a 7-inch WSVGA (1024 x 600) display, a COrtex A8 CPU, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage plus a microSD card slot for expandable memory and Android 4.0 ICS on board.If you've already rooted your device and are now looking to install a custom recovery like CWM on it, you can refer to our step by step guide below. CWM recovery is a custom recovery which offers several advanced features and functionality over the stock Android recovery. It is also required, along with root access, if you need to be able to flash custom ROMs and kernels.
- Note: There are a few bugs with this build of CWM Recovery, as it is not an official version. So keep these in mind before you go ahead. Here they are , quoted from the source page on XDA Forums
data & time on archives are wrong
mount USB storage does not work
adb not enabled in recovery mode
Formats and Wipes do not work don't use them
The "busybox hwclock" applet doesn't work to set the hardware clock of our device.
The "adb shell" is not active while in CWM recovery
How to Install CWM Recovery on the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite
- Download the Fastboot package and extract it to your PC.
- Download the CWM recovery image files from the source page linked above. Transfer both the img files to the Fastboot folder you got in Step 1
- On your device, go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging
- Turn off the device and connect it to the PC via USB cable
- Now press and hold down the Volume Up + Power buttons on your tablet till the PC installs the right drivers and detects your device
- Open the fastboot folder on your desktop. Holding the Shift key down, right click on any empty area in the folder and select Open Command Window Here from the right-click menu
- Type in the following commands at the prompt and hit Enter after each one, to flash the CWM Recovery image on to your device
fastboot flash recovery recovery-18.104.22.168-HWMOD-eabi-4.4.3.img
fastboot flash recovery2 recovery-22.214.171.124-HWMOD-eabi-4.4.3.img
- CWM recovery will now be flashed to your device. You should see the progress in the command prompt, and it should take just a few seconds to complete. Once you see the Finished/OKAY message in the Command prompt, just type in the following command and hit Enter, to reboot your device
You now have Clockworkmod Recovery installed on your Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite. Enjoy
In step #7 - <waiting for device>. CWM not installed(
What's the matter?
(Sorry for my English)
Have you enabled USB debugging? and are you typing the commands right?
Yes, I do. Device connected is a "Rockchip device". On any team device say is <waiting for device>. I think that, tablet not boot in fastboot mode. Or access denied.
Such at all users(
Install a free app called QuickBoot..( will only work on rooted devices) and use it to reboot to recovery
No... Not work(
Power off tablet. Then press and hold Vol Down + Power keys together for about 10 seconds
i tried everything and still nothing...i have problem in the step 5 nothing happend