A development forum for any android tablets that don't have a dedicated board.
The Funbook Alpha P250 is a budget Android tablet manufactured by Micromax India. It features a 7-inch WVGA display (480 x 800), a 1GHz AWT A13 Cortex A8 processor coupled with 512MB of RAM and Android 4.0 ICS out of the box. If you've already rooted your device and are now looking to install a custom recovery like CWM on it, you can refer to our step by step guide below. CWM recovery is a custom recovery which offers several advanced features and functionality over the stock Android recovery. It is also required, along with root access, if you need to be able to flash custom ROMs and kernels.
How to Install CWM Recovery on the Micromax Funbook Alpha P250
- Download and install the Micromax device drivers on your PC. Restart your system once after installation
- Download the CWM Recovery package to your PC. Extract the package to your desktop. You should get a folder named cwm5ics
- On your device, Go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options and make sure you have enabled USB Debugging
- Also go to Settings > Display > Sleep and set the timeout to 15 minutes
- Now connect your device to the PC using the OEM supplied USB cable
- Open the cwm5ics folder you extracted to your desktop in Step 2 and launch the tool by double-clicking the Recovery-Install.Bat file. (The .bat extension may not be visible in Windows)
- In the CMD window that comes up, press any key on your keyboard to bring up the options
- Enter 1 on your keyboard and hit Enter to start installing CWM on your tablet
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions from this point onward, to complete the installation process.
That's it!! Super quick, and super easy CWM Recovery installation on your Micromax Funbook Alpha tablet.
Last edited by madrao; 04-05-2013 at 05:36 AM.