A development forum for any android phones that don't have a dedicated board.
The Xolo A500 is a budget-friendly Android smartphone manufactured by Indian phone maker Lava Mobile. It features a 4-inch WVGA display, a 1GHz Dual-Core Snapdragon processor with 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage plus a microSD card slot for memory expansion, a 5MP camera, and Android 4.o ICS on board. If you've been looking for an easy root method for this device, you can refer to our step by step guide below. Root is required to gain access to system files, which can then be modified replaced to open up additional functionality or tweak the system performance. It is also required to run certain specialized apps which read/write to your core file system like SetCPU or Titanium Backup. This root method is based on XDA Recognized Developer Bin4ry's Universal root exploit which works across multiple devices running ICS or Jelly Bean, and is a fully automated script with minimal input required from the user
- Google USB Driver - HERE (Follow the instructions on the page to download and install the driver)
- Root Package - HERE
How to Root the Lava Xolo A500
- Download and install the Google USB Driver on your PC. Restart your system once after installation
- Download the Bin4ry root package to your PC. Extract the package to your desktop. You should get a folder named Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_vxx
- On your device, Go to Settings > About phone > Advanced settings and Enable USB Debugging
- Now connect your device to the PC using the OEM supplied USB cable
- Open the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry folder you extracted to your desktop in Step 2 and launch the tool by double-clicking the RunMe.bat file. The .bat extension may not be visible in Windows
- If you are prompted to select a mode, Just choose Normal
- In the CMD window, type 1 and hit Enter ( 1 is the serial number against the Root Option in the tool), on your keyboard to start rooting your device
- After a few seconds, the tool will prompt you to Tap Restore My Data on the phone. Just do it without entering any password. Doing that will reboot your phone
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions from this point onward, to complete the root process. Your device may reboot a couple of times during the entire process
- Once the rooting process is complete, you should see the status in the Bin4ry tool window. Press Enter and then Disconnect your device and reboot it.
- Check your app drawer for the SuperUser app and update the binaries if required.
That's it!! Your Xolo A500 smartphone now has full root access. Enjoy your rooted device