• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

LG Optimus Pad Forums is a place to get support, talk about latest features, and connect with fellow owners for your phone. Feel free to ask questions or just gather the latest news or updates. Root and ROMs topics are discussed in this forumís subforum.

Photobucket
    Alb

LG Optimus - the first tablet with a 3D camera

Apparently, the LG Optimus is the first tablet PC with a 3D camera. One of my friends purchased it and I tested it for a few minutes. It's quite awesome. If I didn't have a Motorola Xoom already, I would buy it myself. It has a 8.9 inch screen and it runs Android Honeycomb.The primary camera is 5 MP, and the secondary one is 2 MP. That's rather impressive...

Have you tried this device? Feel free to share you opinions...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am curious about the way the 3D camera works. How do the pictures look? If I can find one to test out at the store I'll definitely give it a try. I think the idea of a 3D camera is pretty awesome but I'm not willing to pay more for it at this point.

This hasn't come to my country yet, so unfortunately I couldn't purchase it so far. However, the reviews I have seen online have impressed me. The display seems to be 3D in the sense that you can actually see the content on the phone screen as you would on a cinema screen. If you get this phone, you need to have a pair of 3D glasses...

I agree with Vern. In my opinion, 3D really isn't all that great. What is wrong with 2D? Why pay more just to have an image that "pops out" at you? Sometimes I think we're going a little too far with "cool" technology and not far enough with helpful technology.

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid 3, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi, and HP TouchPad ICS
    Android OS
    Alb, is having the 3D camera that cool? I have a Xoom, but it sounds like it was quite good.
    Don't forget that there is a thank button right below the users name under the post! Be sure to click this button when people help!_

Device(s)
    dual-core
    Android OS
    LG Optimus tablet with a 3D camera, is it really? If it's true, i want to experience it too. Hope that it can bring happiness. But not only LG tablet, other brand tablets are also good. You can go to google to search "b76c tenq".

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Android OS
    Ice Cream Sandwich
    The glassless 3D technology is still in its infancy. What the LG Optimus tablet offers is a vague 3D effect that is not in any way comparable to what we see on the big screen, at the cinema. I agree that it is a good device, at least for its time, but I woldn't rush to purchase it. I have a feeling we may see better 3D devices in the following years.

This is the first time I hear about a 3d camera on a tablet. I've googled this and saw a video made with the tablet. The footage is pretty impresive, considering the camera it's made with.

Never tried it myself but I tend to only take so-so photos on any mobile device so that would never be my main reason to make a geek purchase being only for a "great camera", though I do understand why others might. Last year I dropped a good bit of money on a camera while I save up for my first DSLR but if I needed a mobile that did good this would be a good top choice.

I can see why 3D would make videos pop, not so sure about regular photographs. I have no doubt that other companies will build on this idea but how cool would it be to have had it from the start?