• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Forum to talk about all things google besides Android such as Google + or Google TV or any other Google Product.

Photobucket

Google Privacy Policy

Google's Privacy Policy has gotten an update and goes into effect tomorrow, March 1st, 2012. Are you taking any precautions to your protect your information or are you keeping everything the same? From what I understand, it's taking the edge Facebook has and updating your ads based on your web browser history. I don't have much to hide, so I've chosen to keep everything the same.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have already wiped the entire history and its starting to get really annoying dealing with all of the changes both for Google and other places. I am ready to drop my Facebook account (mainly for friends and family far off) because they keep changing things too. Yesterday morning I woke up to see their notifications changed, I had almost 100 emails for random "crap".

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Cavaliere, you can turn off notifications from Facebook. I have because I got tired of all of the crap too. Getting ads based on your browsing history isn't anything new. Google and Double Click have been in league for quite some time. Didn't anybody wonder why you were getting ads for Southwest after you Googled flights to Vegas or similar scenarios?

The first time I saw Facebook tell me what I had just googled freaked me out, but now I guess I'm used to it. Being used to it is probably what they want. In any case, Facebook has gotten very annoying lately. I still haven't figured out how to disable email notifications for groups. I've been changing my profile around in hopes to limit the amount of information being shared, but I doubt it really matters. The head honchos can pretty much sell it whenever they want, and I'm sure they do.

I'm not too worried about Google's new Privacy Policy, because I only use the Google search for regular, decent stuff. I have some friends who are extremely worried about this ads based on browsing history thing because they sometimes "stumble upon" websites with adult content. They were talking about abandoning Google and Yahoo! in favor of less-known search engines (such as Duckduckgo)...

Me neither. I left everything as it was, did not disclose much information about myself anyway. I also don't have the time to read and pay attention to every little detail since I never do anything illegal anyway. Why did they change it though? was there a problem with the old version?