• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible

Front Facing Cameras vs Rear Facing Cameras

Which camera style do you like better for your phone - front facing or rear facing - and why? Personally, I have an HTC Droid Incredible, which only has a rear facing camera. This works fine for taking pictures that I'm not going to be in, lol. Please don't get me wrong - I'm not a vain, conceited person - but we had family come over that we literally hadn't seen in years and it was hard to get all of us together in the picture when I couldn't see a preview of the photo before we snapped it. I like my phone but it would be really nice if it had a front facing camera in addition to the one it already has.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    My phone has both and I like both of them. They both have their uses. I use the front facing camera when I am taking pictures of my friends/family and I that I want to be in. I use the rear facing for pictures of landscapes and people.

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid 3, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi, and HP TouchPad ICS
    Android OS
    I was happy to get a front camera on my droid 3 after having an HTC Incredible, but then once I had it, I hardly ever used it. The back one, takes a lot better pictures, is the main reason.
    Don't forget that there is a thank button right below the users name under the post! Be sure to click this button when people help!_

I have both, but I still prefer the rear facing camera. Old habits die hard, I guess. Front facing is nice for pictures I want to be in, but when I'm snapping away, I prefer no one seeing what is on my phone by accident.

I have both as well and for me it’s still something a little odd to get used to. Walking around I am normally the one at functions taking the pictures so while I do not need it, it’s nice the option is still there.

I find front-facing cameras to be very useful. I like to make video calls once in a while, especially to see my family face-to-face when I travel abroad. That's why I made sure to get my parents smartphones with both front- and rear-facing cameras...

I wonder if we will see phones with really good front-facing cameras anytime soon... I have noticed that most manufacturers seem to focus on improving the rear-facing cameras on smartphones nowadays, while the front-facing ones remain VGA, under 1 megapixels. I would love to see smartphones with equal-quality cameras.