• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Annoying freezing

I have a Samsung Galaxy Fascinate running Froyo. I know I have a lot of apps, but I make sure to kill running apps frequently, turn off background data usage, not run several apps at once, etc. Still, my phone rather frequently will freeze up: the screen becomes non-responsive, sometimes goes black, and then the phone vibrates several times. I have to leave it alone for a while before it can be used again. Once or twice I've had to remove the battery.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this just a Smartphone thing?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have been having the same problem with the same phone. I don't have THAT many apps and rarely run them anyway. I always have background data turned off, etc. I find this occurs whenever I'm trying to use a function like Google search or text messaging. It is annoying though I find that if I just set my phone down for a minute or so it resolves itself. Touching it more to try and get a response probably just messes it up more.

My boyfriend and I both have the HTC Desire and. He has had his for almost a year, and I've had mine for about 4 months now. He doesn't have any problems with freezing on his, but he hardly has any apps. I think he just has some basic ones and one game. I have a lot of apps, and my phone freezes sometimes. I think that must be the problem. Make sure you have background data turned off and delete all apps you don't need. I try to do this once a week to keep my phone running smoothly.

My phone has started to freeze so often it is a pain to use it. In case anyone else is having the same problem, I called my carrier's customer service line and was told to make a backup (you have to root it first) and just reset the phone. The operator told me this should fix the issue if simply restarting it doesn't do it. Now to find out how to root my phone...

It may be a hardware glitch that has nothing to do with the operating system. I can't say I've ever experienced the same problems with my Samsung smartphone, but I have come across occasional freezing when I run too many apps. So, you have to root the phone in order to make a back-up?

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I have the HTC Droid Incredible, and while my phone has frozen up a few times, it hasn't been a frequent problem by any means. I wonder if maybe some phones are more prone to this issue than others? Or certain operating systems? Then again, I don't have "a lot" of apps running at the same time. Maybe those people who like to run a lot of apps simultaneously would do better with a smart phone that has a bigger processor?

I have never had a freezing issue but I did manage to completely forget that I changed the display settings and for 1/2 the day yesterday could not understand why my phone kept turning off after 15 minutes. Did you get the phone first or second hand?

Device(s)
    Sony ericsson x10 mini
    I used to have a very similar problem with the Sony Ericsson x10 mini, the only way to sort it out was to do a soft reset.