• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Tablets for gaming?

Are any of the tablets good for gaming? Do they have good games available, is it fun, etc? Personally I think a tablet would be completely pointless for me to have (except maybe to read on it...nicer screen than my Fascinate) but as they go down in price I wonder if it would be fun to have. Thoughts, experiences, suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What kind of gaming are you looking to get into? This has me wondering, do tablets support PC games? I haven't seen any of that do, but I wasn't aware you could play games (unless you mean apps) on tablets.

I have never done it myself but the only time I have gamed on my iPad is to remote into my PC (splashtop). This I did while in game (swtor) to check around the auctions and send my companions on missions.

Buying local is nice but sometimes its not always an option. Going back to the OP again, it depends on what types of games you would be playing (from what I have read up). What are you interested in?

Are you referring to PC games? If so, the answer is Yes. There are quite a few games (other than the ones that are downloadable from the Android market) that can be played on most of the recent tablets. I think you need a tablet with a high memory for the games to run smoothly and not freeze, but basically - it should be no problem. Plenty of games available for the Android OS.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO
    Android OS
    I agree, most of the games available from places like Big Fish Games and Pogo that are downloadable for the PC are available in Android and iPad/iPhone versions as well. The more I play with my significant others tablet, the more I think my laptop needs to go.

Administrator
    Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix 4G, Transformer Prime
    Android OS
    CherryPi v.7 w/ Faux123 v2.0 oc @ 1.3Ghz
    What ever tab or phone you may have just check out OnLive. You can play any PC game on your device. Some even have pretty decent on screen gamepads set up.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 900
    Android OS
    Android OS 2.0
    According to my experience, Tablet is really not well featured option for Gaming. I hardly believe the PC is one of the best option to play video games. Grand Auto Theft-Vice City is one of my most favorite Video game. I just really love this one.

i think any tablet would do as long as you take care of it. i mean it depends on how you control and use it.

Device(s)
    Sony xperia
    Android OS
    ice cream sandwhich
    go for samsung galaxy tab or a motorola xoom 2

I think the only PC game I played on a tablet was Starwars and I think I was used Splashtop at the time. Nothing like a raid or anything but I was leveling up my skills for one of the professions if memory serves me right.

I don't really lie playing games on tablet, it's not as comfortable as on the PC. I know things are moving fast these days but it doesn't mean I should move on with them by all means. The tablets are OK for doing stuff online or reading or something, but for games I still prefer the old fashioned PC.

I have played a few games on a friend's Motorola Xoom 2. You cannot actually compare it to a PC or a console, but it's pretty fun. Android seems to be very gamer-friendly.
    Last edited by Wally; 08-14-2012 at 01:15 AM.