• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

How do you prefer to buy?

How do you prefer to buy a new phone - in the store, online, or by phone? If you do buy online is it through your cell provider or used?

I prefer to order online from the provider. The store is usually more expensive even though you do get to leave with your phone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am always tempted to buy online because the waive the activation fee. However, with a bit of bargaining you can easily get this done in store too. Because of that I usually go in-store, since then they can immediately activate and transfer contacts from my old phone, saving me hours.

Device(s)
    Samsung galaxy S
    Android OS
    Gingerbread

I am agree with you but....

I am agree with you but I dont like to buy my New devices via Online Media especially Ebay and Amazon, Because When the smartphone or tablet will get something wrong in hardware point of view then what to do...? If you buy from your nearest retailer shop or mall which you know very well, then you can complain them and get work fast.

When it comes to a phone I will research all I can online and in person but most times I prefer to shop local unless its a crazy deal that I just can not pass up. I would rather be local so I am not dealing with shipping plus the extra bonus is if something does go wrong I can get it fixed quickly.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    How do you prefer to buy a new phone - in the store, online, or by phone? If you do buy online is it through your cell provider or used?

I prefer to order online from the provider. The store is usually more expensive even though you do get to leave with your phone.
    My first preference is to buy used from a trusted source, like a friend or family member. If that's not an option, I buy new through Wirefly's website. I can't remember the last time I went into a cell phone store and actually came out with a phone, lol.

Device(s)
    Sony ericsson x10 mini
    I tend to do a lot of research online firstly to make sure that I am buying the right handset for me. I tend to buy from my service provider's website, I've found that I tend to get better deals this way.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    I shop around online until I narrow it down to 1 or 2 phones. then I go to my providers store and purchase it. I don't like to buy online because I like to actually test it out in the store before I make my final decision.

I'm with Thunder. I like to look at the different features online because it's easier to make a comparison without a sales person up in your face. Then, I prefer to test the ones I've narrowed my decision to at my provider's store.