• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

How much do you actually talk?

How many minutes do you actually use talking on the phone? Of all the things I use my phone for, talking is the last thing I do with it. My family plan is 1400 because I share with 4 others but I only use about 20 of those a month.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    Bionic
    I don't talk as much as I text or surf the net. It's funny - I even have my parents texting me when they want to reach me. It's easier to text. I can talk to someone face to face. I've never really been much of a phone talker.

I don't talk all that often either most days. I dropped my landline though so when I want to talk to family outside my State I use the cell. I probably use 100 minutes of the 700 I have each month. Most of the minutes are on my kids and out of state family.

I've got unlimited, so I really can't say exactly how much I talk. But I know it's a lot! It's nice to be able to just use your phone and not have to think about it.

I use more data than I talk, and its not just easier but sometimes you can not talk. I text a ton when I am in meetings or out with friends and the conversation does not need a real phone setup.

I agree that sometimes a conversation does not need a phone. If my partner asks me what I need from the store I can quickly text 'bread, eggs, pepsi' and that's all they need to do. Calling would take longer probably.

I talk when I have to but I would much rather use any other type of communication method, even sign language for some people. We are in the tech world, we do not need to talk or we shouldn't. Just wait until telepathy kicks in.

I have never been much of a phone talker either. I always prefer to text. Unless it is a long, involved conversation, or of a personal matter, texting gets the job done just as well IMO. I probably use 30-90 minutes each month, though I max out my 1GB of data and take full advantage of unlimited text messaging. My phone is mainly for texting, internet, and email.