• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    Bionic

Getting used to touch

I can't tell you how hard it is for me to get used to the "touch" part of the Bionic. I'm used to have a keyboard (slideout) and I keep hitting the wrong letters on the touch screen. It is irritating me to no end!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well, now that you have it, you might as well just plan on getting used to it! I was frustrated with it at first, too. You have to learn how to type with the edge of your finger. After someone showed me how to do it, it got a little easier.

It took me a while to learn the touch screen. My first touch screen was half keyboard, half touch so I sort of eased into it. Now my phone is completely touchscreen and I love it.

I have never gotten used to touch but I am still learning to. Many are the times I have hit the wrong letters and I also have some difficulty navigating through the web pages.

It is good to hear I am not the only one on this.

I like the new touchscreens! When they first came out, I think they were a little harder to work with. But, once you get used to it, you will find it actually a lot easier to work with than a keyboard.

I've had a touch screen for about 6 months and it is easier. I mean I still hit the wrong letter from time to time, but not near as much as I did when I was just learning. You are a lot slower at first - so it takes a bit longer to text someone.

I do similar when I use a friends Samsung Infuse but now that I am getting one I will end up having to learn how it works. I have never used a slide out before though I have a feeling that might mess me up too.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    I do not like the standard keypad that comes on the Android. I use Swift Key X and it is so much easier to use. I like the predictive text feature better and the keys are easier to get.

Well, I think it generally takes a learning process to master the art of 'touchscreens.' My youngest sibling has never gotten used to this technology and he keeps insisting that is not his forte at all.

I love my touch screen now, but the first couple of months I was cursing myself to making such a purpose, instead of just going with a keyboard. After being used to texting on a "regular" phone for 8 years, it was a tough change to get used to. It took me several months to stop hating it and I still have problems sometimes. I still find it annoying and wish they had smartphones with slide out keyboards.