• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Physical Keyboards

Do you think that physical keyboards will ever come back into style? Or is it from now on a predominately touch-screen market within the foreseeable future? I think something in between would have a good shot, but not currently. Maybe in a couple of years. What do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    One of my favorite phones because of its physical features was a slider phone that had a full keyboard. It made texting very easy and so much fun. I would really like to see the keyboard somehow be integrated functionally with a nice size touch screen. Maybe they'll come up with something like that in the near future.

It's funny someone else just posted a note in the Droid4 Forums about how heavy his phone was because it has the physical keyboard and all. I think many people would like one but they're just too bulky.

Well, if the Droid series continues a physical keyboard with the Droid 5, they will still be out there. From the Droid 1 they've all had physical keyboards and I think they're a top seller.

I used to have a Motorola Hint before I upgraded to an Android smartphone. It was also one of the sliders that would pop out a full keyboard. I loved that phone. But the screen would have been way to small for a touchscreen.

Yeah the Droid 4 has a nice big ole' keyboard and a 4 inch screen. But again, the weight of the thing is going to get to you. It's like a brick I tell ya, a brick!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    That's something to keep in mind. I didn't even know the Droid4 had a physical keyboard because I hadn't looked into it before. That's making me want to go phone shopping. I guess it would be just one of those things you would have to handle yourself to see if it works for your lifestyle or not.