• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS

Repair shop rant

Last weekend my Thunderbolt got ran over in my driveway when it fell off my lap. I took it to a local repair shop where they ordered a new screen on Saturday. I didn't leave my phone since it was still working but I was told the part would be in by Thursday or Friday. I called today and still no part and no idea when it might be in. In the meantime, my screen is getting worse and worse.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Alb
    It can get quite frustrating when repair shops turn out to be unprofessional when it comes to getting new spare parts. My sister went through something similar last year when she broke her Blackberry phone. They had her wait a week and a half to get a new screen. I thought it was just a matter of Blackberry phones, but now I can see it's the same thing for Android devices...

I don't know why it is such a big deal for them to replace the screen. You would think that these break quite often. I am sure phones are dropped all the time.

I wonder why most shops do not have any in stock, a friend had a similar issue about a month ago. She ended up getting a new phone after two shops in our area had nothing in stock and if they ordered it would be a month's wait.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    For whatever reason nobody keeps the parts in stock, I am sure it is a cost issue. The part is coming from California, I don't know why they can't get something closer. He said he believes it will be in tomorrow, so I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

I totally agree with you when you say that the incident has gotten you mad. I did not know that it can be tough handling customer service until I was in such a position some time back. Once in a while, things get out of hand and refuse to work properly.

It is terrible to not have a working phone for a period of time. I think they feel that they can make you wait because they can afford to. The companies don't value the customer the way that they should.