• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    Samsung Exhibit II
    Android OS
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Watching TV & Movies

How often do you watch TV and movies on your Android? How good does your signal need to be for streaming? Does the battery drain quickly? As you can tell, I have never watched TV or movies on my phone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android OS
    Android 4.1.1
    I rarely use my tablet in watching movies or tv programs. That's because I'm just at home most of the time and tv and my laptop are just in front of me. My tablet is just wifi, so I won't be able to use it anyway if I'm outside. I just use my tablets for playing games

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    Android OS
    Jellybean
    We use our tablet and phones to run movies quite a bit. We don't really have a problem with signal strength though because we live in a good area. I just watched my favorite TV show on The CW app this morning actually. It wasn't choppy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    How often do you watch TV and movies on your Android? How good does your signal need to be for streaming? Does the battery drain quickly? As you can tell, I have never watched TV or movies on my phone.
    I don't ever watch TV or movies on my smartphone, but whenever we have to go to the doctor's office, we'll take our Kindle along and the kids will watch a movie on it while we're in the waiting room. It drains the battery a lot quicker than eReading or web surfing, but it's worth it if it keeps them entertained and quiet!!!

My daughter loves to watch YouTube videos on the tablet and I agree with Bookworm that it's worth the battery draining faster if it keeps her out of trouble in public. I just make sure I keep the Tab charging whenever we're not using it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Android OS
    Ice Cream Sandwich
    I watch YouTube videos and video links on occasion, but I have never tried to watch a movie. My battery drains pretty quickly, and when I leave it plugged in when I do things it gets very hot.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    I really don't ever watch TV or movies when I'm out and about. If I'm sitting in the doctor's office waiting to be seen, I'll just read until they call me back.

I really only watch movies and TV on my phone when I am absolutely bored out of my mind. I don't have time to watch films when I am on the go. I don't know why I would want to watch them on my phone when I have time to sit back and enjoy them.

Device(s)
    galaxy Note 2
    Android OS
    jellybean
    I do not watch TV on my Android device. But I watch a lot of YouTube videos though. Also, I like to download movies and save them on my device so that I can view it while in traveling. Boy, so much has really changed when it comes to technology. What's next, holograms on Cellphones? I can't wait what the future brings.

I tend to use my TV more than anything else when it comes to shows and movies, unless I am on the road that is. If I can not use my laptop on the road while traveling for work I will sometimes use the tablet but I honestly always keep it plugged in then so battery life is not really an issue.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid 4G LTE
    We watch movies on our tab quite often and we don't really have a problem with battery drain. Actually, since the TV and tab are both Samsung they work together rather well. We can transfer videos and photos to view on the TV from the tablet without connecting it at all.

I never watch anything on my phone unless its a quick Youtube video, I will watch some shows (like a sitcom, something short) on a tablet but not a movie. I just do not have the patience to watch something that lengthy on a smaller screen. I hate even trying to watch them on my desktop monitor.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab
    So many TV broadcasters are coming up with apps that allow you to watch their content on your mobile phone or tablet. HBO, ESPN, and The CW are just some of the few. It is nice for times when you are just waiting or if you are on a long car or airplane trip.