• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Downloading books

Do you ever download free e-books on your Droid? I just downloaded a free Kindle book “The Queen of New beginnings” on my Droid Bionic. I wasn’t sure I could but it worked fine. I’m so excited – I now have something to read when I’m sitting in the doctors office later today! Do you download books?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Alb
    I don't usually read e-books on my smartphone. I have a Kobo e-book reader and I use it to download books from the Kobo library. I think there is also an Android app for downloading e-books from Kobo onto your Droid, but I haven't tested it so far. I'll have to look into this and see how it works...

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    I probably have over 100 Kindle books on my HTC Thunderbolt. Some days my Kindle app is the only thing that gets me through my day at work. Amazon always has a great selection of free Kindle books too.

I used Google Books, Kindle, and Nook apps to get some free e-books. I still haven't really read them yet. The screen is an okay size but I just have so many paper books to read that I want to get through first.

So, are the free e-books on Amazon actually worth reading? I didn't think you would find any good ones if they were free. But the e-books are usually very affordable.

I have found decent free books before but I only (so far) have experience with the ones on Google books/etc from the iphone world. I am hoping to get at least the same level when the new devices roll out with my work in the next two weeks, but until then I am reading up as best as possible so I know what I am in for.

Device(s)
    Bionic
    I just downloaded Google Read today and the Kindle app too. I've downloaded about 10 books so far (only had to pay for 1). I have found tons of free books that I would not want to read and only a few that I wanted to read.

Google Reader must have changed since it first came out. Initially, I think you set up Reader with categories of sites so you could receive updates. I'll have to check out Google Reader again.

I have not been a big fan on e books on my smartphone but reading this makes me want to try that out. There are many times I have had an appointment with nothing to do in the waiting bay.

I hadn't looked at any e-books, because I thought they would be expensive. I had no idea you could get any for free. And good ones, at that! I will have to check them out!

I really cant do it because I can not see tiny print to start with so trying to make me read more than the quick email on my phone is just not a good idea. I would end up squinting to the point that my eyes fall out of my head.