• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Thread: Broken screen

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS

Broken screen

To make a long story short my Thunderbolt got ran over earlier today and the screen is shattered. The only thing keeping it together is the screen protector. It does still work but the screen is hard to see. How much do you think it will cost to repair it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

From what I've read, it can cost almost a hundred dollars to have it repaired. Hopefully, the estimate was off, but that's what someone else said on another forum. I don't think the screens themselves cost that much, maybe around thirty dollars or a little less. If you had an online step-by-step tutorial, it might be something you could do yourself.

Wow, I'm a little interested in hearing how that happened but I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. I assume you don't have insurance? Is it just the screen itself that is cracked and that's the only issue? Hopefully new issues don't sprout as a result.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    I do have insurance but the deductible is $100 and then they usually swap it out with a phone that is a refurb and not the same one that you currently own. Twice I have had them try to swap out my high end phones with low end LG's. I took it in today to a repair shop and it is going to cost $80 to fix. The part is only $25. I did watch a video that showed step by step but it is a pretty delicate process that I would rather entrust to a professional.

Alb
    It's a pain when that happens. I broke the screen of my Motorola Milestone last year and I got it replaced for $120. I never knew that there were videos that show you how to change a screen yourself. I just did some research and I found a few that explain it in detail...

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Yeah they do have some pretty detailed videos but I would probably lose one of those little screws or make it worse so I will pay the shop. $80 really isn't bad considering the part is $25.

I've actually cracked mine, but didn't want to dish out the money to get it fixed. At least it isn't shattered so badly that I can't still see the screen.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Clyde mine wasn't horrible when it first happened, but it has started to spider out and gets worse every day. It is kind of like a windshield that gets hit by a rock. The part should be in tomorrow though and then it will be fixed by Friday.

$80 is great! Silly girl.... My cousin had the same happen to her phone and the only thing keeping it together was the screen protector. She just traded it in - no insurance. I'm surprised that those screen protectors hold it together so well!