• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Android OS
    Android 4.0

Why get an android?

In your opinion why buy an android rather than a blackberry or iphone? If you have previously owned a blackberry or an iphone why did you switch to android? What are some of the pros and cons between the three different smartphones?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible, Kindle Fire
    Personally, I would prefer an Android over an iPhone because there are so many more Android phones to choose from, so you can always find one in your price range. iPhones are too expensive! My Android was free with a new contract, but my friend had to pay several hundred dollars for her iPhone, even though she also agreed to sign a contract.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro, Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
    Android OS
    4.0 ICS
    It's just like the same thing as buying a regular computer or a mac, the price is just abnormal when it comes to apple products. Also the android gives you a wider range of phones and that can make you more confortable in order to choose your phone.
    I have nothing to say about blackberrys though, they are not so bad. But better used when you have a line of work where you'll need it more.
    But Android is in front of every other OS in the market, no doubt about that.

Device(s)
    Samsung Exhibit II
    Android OS
    Ice Cream Sandwich
    Android is cheaper and you have phone choices. I'm just not an Apple person and I see no point in paying the premium to be one. I have never had a Blackberry though, so I can't properly compare it.

Okay well it's cheaper if you get a cheap android sure, but a Galaxy S3 is no cheaper than an iPhone 5 people.

The real advantage of android is more apps because apple is too strict when it comes to approval.
    Also androids often have a menu button which the iPhone does not.

Blackberrys are awful.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    I can remember when the Blackberry was a great phone, but it seems like their quality has gone down in the last few years, and now there are so many Android phones out there that are just light years ahead of the Blackberry phones. Where Android and Apple are concerned, I say get an Android because it's a better deal. Either it's cheaper up front because you chose a phone that costs less than the Apple iPhone, or it costs the same up front if you choose an expensive Android, but you save money in the long run not having to buy every single app you download.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Android OS
    Android 4.0
    reply: I agree price is a big issue these days with the economy and all. In my opinion apple products are overpriced and overrated. I personally have never bought an android phone yet. The girlfriend keeps buying me newer android models as gifts ,so I guess I save money. lol

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro, Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
    Android OS
    4.0 ICS
    I wouldn't say overrated. Overpriced yes, definetely, and a LOT. Apple products are not so bad when used properly, but still can't compete with Android when it comes to apps. It's a battle they can't and won't win.

Device(s)
    Asus Transformer Prime
    Android OS
    ICS
    Just Because Android Market is getting bigger and bigger. It's also a philosophy. You don't have to pay a fortune now to have a good smartphone. The reign of Apple-ism is over .

I love Google and its products. I also love Apple, but can't afford them. I can't complain about Android, though. There are a lot of features that I just can't live without anymore, such as a touchscreen.

Device(s)
    galaxy Note 2
    Android OS
    jellybean
    Why not? It's all the rage today. If you're not using Android, you would miss out on a lot of applications that are available for free that help you increase productivity and make life easier. It's the next best thing since Windows.