• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    galaxy Note 2
    Android OS
    jellybean

Why can't I save apps to my SD card?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Y and I could easily move apps from the phone memory to the external memory card with ease using app2sd. However, on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, I can't move the apps to the external sd card. And I even purchased a 32 GB memory card! What could be the problem?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Android OS
    Android 4.0
    On my android I can only move part of the apps to the SD card. I have the HTC Evo 4G Android phone. If you root out your Android you should be able to move your apps over to the SD card.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android OS
    Android 4.1.1
    I have read some posts from other threads that Samsung intended to do that (not being able to move apps to sd) to prevent people from copying the apps and sharing it with others (I don't know why would they do that as most apps are free anyway). This is only one of the reasons that other people are saying. Others are saying that it's how ICS or Google works. I'm not sure if it's true or not though. But what you can do is just transfer all your files (music, photos, etc.)to your sd card so your phone's internal memory only carries all the apps.

Device(s)
    samsung
    Android OS
    Android 4.0
    You can connect your Samsung Galaxy Y by USB or remove SD card and connect it through adapter to PC and copy all data to PC. Then you can clean your SD card from everything. The applications are stored in /sdcard/.android_secure you can copy them back and Android will rocognize them after remounting sdcard. If you have many of them it can take some time. Data for applications, like savegames, etc. are usually stored in /sdcard/Android/data but applications can store them anywhere, just search.

Device(s)
    Samsung Exhibit II
    Android OS
    Ice Cream Sandwich
    The Galaxy Y doesn't have much internal memory, either, if I recall correctly. Johnmarsford's suggestions are good; let us know how it works out after you try them.

Device(s)
    galaxy Note 2
    Android OS
    jellybean
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmarsford View Post
    You can connect your Samsung Galaxy Y by USB or remove SD card and connect it through adapter to PC and copy all data to PC. Then you can clean your SD card from everything. The applications are stored in /sdcard/.android_secure you can copy them back and Android will rocognize them after remounting sdcard. If you have many of them it can take some time. Data for applications, like savegames, etc. are usually stored in /sdcard/Android/data but applications can store them anywhere, just search.
    Thanks dude. But I have app2sd installed in my Samsung Galaxy Y so I don't have that much problem transferring apps to the SD card. My problem is with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Even though I have app2sd installed, it does not allow apps to be moved. As stated above, it may be the work of Google. Is your method still applicable for the Note 2?