• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Thread: Phone Insurance

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android OS
    Android 4.1.1

Phone Insurance

Do you buy insurance for all your beloved phones & tablets?

My hubby and I has always insured our laptops, desktops and even phones. We only have to add that up to our home insurance providers anyway. We just want to make sure that if something bad happen, our precious things are covered.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    Most of the time, I opt for insurance on my smartphone. I'll definitely opt for insurance if I have to pay out of pocket for the phone, as opposed to getting it for free with sign-up or contract renewal.

Yes, most of the time. But there are people who don't really like phone insurance. Get more info at: personalmoneynetwork.com replacing a phone without insurance. This is for those who doesn't have insurance for their smart-phones.

While I do not add my devices to my home insurance policy (I live at home with my parents so I wouldn't be able to).
    However, I make sure to get the insurance replacement program through Sprint incase anything happens to my phone

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android OS
    Android 4.1.1
    Our home insurance also has content insurance, so even if our gadgets get lost or stolen while we're travelling overseas, we can still claim for it in the insurance.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Android OS
    No, I don't. I'm always careful with my devices and try my best to protect them. So far for one whole year with my Galaxy Nexus, no major damage has been marked. I also don't travel overseas much and if I would, I wouldn't bring my phone with me.

For me, a screen protector + a case is enough.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I never used to buy insurance for my electronics, but these days I almost always do. I don't bother with extended warranties, which I have heard are a waste of money, but I do opt for the insurance coverage that will protect the device from water damage and such.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Mini 2
    I didn't want to buy insurance but got one anyway, and I was lucky to get it because after a month the phone got smashed and I got it replaced. So it's just a game of chance

Device(s)
    Tagital 7" tablet
    Android OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Bear View Post
    I never used to buy insurance for my electronics, but these days I almost always do. I don't bother with extended warranties, which I have heard are a waste of money, but I do opt for the insurance coverage that will protect the device from water damage and such.
    I haven't bought insurance on a phone or tablet because I've not had to pay out of pocket for a replacement. My tablet was cheap and I always keep some old phones on hand in case something happens to the current one.
    I did get an extended warranty with my laptop 8 years ago, and I was glad I did, as I had to get the mobo replaced 4 or 5 times and the screen once within 4 years. It was well worth the cost. Most laptops are much better designed though, and I probably would've looked into stopping the laptop from overheating sooner had I not had the extended warranty.

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Android OS
    ICS
    For years I avoided buying it, because when I did have it and needed to use it, they basically ripped me off and it wasn't worth it. This was back in the early 2000's, and I had been paying on the insurance for over a year when my phone was stolen. By the time I paid that, plus the $35 "processing" fee to file my claim - I could have just bought a brand new phone. Instead, they gave me a "refurbished" replacement that wasn't even the same brand as my phone and not as good in quality.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3
    Android OS
    Jelly Bean
    It depends, mostly when people get a new phone its one that is about $600+. Most US carriers offer a plan that covers almost anything that happens to the phone barring water damage. Some plans do offer a water damage clause but you have to look through the small print to see your details. Often times you pay $100 for a replacement phone that is more than likely a refurb but you have to look at paying $100 over $600 for the time of your contract for a replacement phone.

I currently have insurance on my phone but not my tablet even though I should lol. but im pretty careful with my surface rt

Phones these days are so pricey you kind of have to insure them. All my phones and computers are insured just in case something happens. You never know.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Android OS
    Android 4.0
    reply: I got full coverage on everything I own. My laptop even has a lojack in it just in case it gets stolen. My home and cars are paid off ,but I still keep full coverage even on those.

I have never had insurance on my phones, although this thread is making me re-think that position. I just am careful and figure that for the price, I'll buy a new phone, but then I tend to buy cheaper phones anyway.

I've never gotten the insurance. I always wonder if that is a good idea. So far, I've been lucky. I figure I save on replacing my phone, even if I do lose it. That monthly insurance fee does add up.