• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dankcloud

Thread: Using emulators

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Android OS
    Jelly Bean

Using emulators

I was about to using some emulators on my Bionic to play some Super Mario Bros but a little message popped up saying that doing so will void the warranty on my phone. Does anybody on here use emulators anyway and had any problems like their phone breaking?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've never used an emulator on my phone; I really don't even know what it is! (I'm guessing somehow it makes your phone more like a console?) Why would using it void the warranty? Regardless, I wouldn't do it. Usually, the manufacturer has some kind of way to find out if you've done those things that will void the warranty, so if you don't have insurance on the phone, don't risk it unless you're willing to pay out of pocket for a new phone if something happens.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire HD, Asus Transformer Prime TF201
    Android OS
    Android 3.3.5 with Sense 3.0, Android 4.1.1
    Which emulator are you talking about?
    To my knowledge only apps requiring you to root your phone can void your warranty. There are plenty of emulators in the google market and I don't think anything you download from there can do any damage.

Device(s)
    Tagital 7" tablet
    Android OS
    Quote Originally Posted by faranar View Post
    Which emulator are you talking about?
    To my knowledge only apps requiring you to root your phone can void your warranty. There are plenty of emulators in the google market and I don't think anything you download from there can do any damage.
    This is what I was going to say, too. I know I found a version of SNES9x to use on my tablet in the Play store, and it was fine. I've used emulators on my PC, DS, and tablet, and I can't imagine an emulator would be any more harmful than the game files used with it (which should stop functioning when the emulator is closed).

Device(s)
    Droid Incredible
    Android OS
    I'm not too sure if it would hurt in anyway but I have a Genesis and Super Nintendo emulator on my Droid and never had a problem. Like others have said, I also have every other system you can think of on my PC with no bother also. If it's in the Google Market, then I feel it wouldn't make sense to put it there when it could void your phone. I could be wrong but that's my opinion about it.
    Sarah likes this.

I have the worst android on the market right now(Samsung admire)and I know from experience that nothing will happen to your phone if you use emulators.The reason it will void the warranty if you use them is because IF on the slight chance something bad happens to your phone the carrier cant cover it because it's illegal.If you buy the original Mario cart for example for Nintendo 64 and that's the game you download on your phone than it will not be illegal and you might still be covered if something bad happens to you phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I use gameboy emulators to play some good old pokemon games and other RPGs. I'm also planning to download one for SNES to play classic Final Fantasy and of course Earthbound! I don't see any reason for trouble for just an emulator
    Last edited by elheat631; 03-14-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Device(s)
    galaxy Note 2
    Android OS
    jellybean
    I'm currently using SNesDroid on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to play Super Nintendo games on my device and it works perfectly. I did not encounter anything they said that my warranty will be voided. I'm now able to play Contra, Punch Out, Super Street Fighter, and other great 16-bit games while on the go. Download SNesDroid at the Play Store. It's free and it works fine.

Device(s)
    Asus Transformer Prime
    Android OS
    ICS
    On Apptoid, you can download Super Mario without an emulator ! but SnesDroid is fine too !

I didn't realize there were emulators, but I'm not going to pass up playing Super Mario Brothers on my Tab! Smartboy, what is Apptoid? Why don't you need an emulator in that case?