• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Android OS
    Android 4.1

Would you buy a smartphone for 7,000

Last week, Vertu released an Android phone called The Vertu Ti that doesn't have 4g and it also doesn't have high end specs compared to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Google Nexus 4. It is made of very expensive material which would be cool to hold and show to other people to feel unique but would any of you want to pay a large sum of money for a phone that doesn't beat phones that only cost a few hundred pounds?

I certainly wouldn't. I would rather save the money for something else more essential for my life than a mid range phone made out of silver. So, what are your opinions? Would you buy this phone or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well that was a litlle "silly". Most phones made from expensive materials such as gold are also the top end phones. I wouldn't buy it because there are better phones on the market which will come in similar materials if I look hard enough for a very similar price. They probably won't sell too many because they aren't the latest phones.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7
    Android OS
    It's a pretty subjective question...If I make a few million a month, I would'nt mind a $7k phone...but posting this question in a forum like ours is a bit too far fetched, don't you think?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Android OS
    Jelly Bean 4.1
    I agree with madrao it would depend on how much extra money I have. I wouldn't buy one as a everyday device, but more like a status symbol. Maybe for my girlfriend to use like a piece of jewelry. Overall I think you would be better off buying the phone you want and finding a jeweler or someone to customize your phone with expensive gems or plate the phone in gold or something. If you are going to spend that kind of money why not make it unique!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570i
    Android OS
    Android 2.3.6 Stock
    I personally don't see the appeal. You could buy a computer AND a laptop for that price, even a similar Android device thrown in. Not to mention you could live for years from that kind of money. But, I suppose, if I'd be a billionaire, I might. Then again, I'd also get a diamond stand for it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Android OS
    Jellybean 4.1.1
    I really wouldn't spend that much money on a phone that isn't as good as a SIII for example. Yes it's made out of gold, but I just don't see the appeal in that. If it had really good features and I had that kind of money to blow.. Then yes I would get it.

that is absolutely outrageous and I most definitely wouldn't buy it. I would save my money for something I would really want

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro, Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
    Android OS
    4.0 ICS
    Jesus Christ, definitely not. That sounds like Apple to me
    Getting a phone just to show around and say "I'm rich" just doesn't suit me.

Device(s)
    Kindle Fire
    Android OS
    That is an outrageous price. Nobody but a millionaire could be dumb enough to buy a phone. Why invest in something that looks cool and doesn't handle as great, when what you want need is the actual processing, apps etc. I would never in a million years buy this smartphone. Ridiculous!

That would be a big fat no from me. I see no point in a phone that's not even as good as cheaper ones, but then I'm not really into status symbols. Even if I were a millionaire, I don't see the appeal.

Device(s)
    Asus Transformer Prime
    Android OS
    ICS
    Yeah sound like Apple Talk to me ahah ! No i wont buy it. Oh wait maybe if i have so much money that i don't really care...nope. not even if i was rich.

Device(s)
    galaxy Note 2
    Android OS
    jellybean
    Why would I? I don't even have 7,000 in my bank account. So, unless I'm a billionaire, I would never go near a 7,000 pound phone. It's just not practical. Smartphones are here to be used for things like games, web browsing, taking pictures, multi-tasking, etc. and not just for purposes of showing off its looks.