• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Have you ever dropped your phone?

Have you ever dropped your phone? If so what happened? Was you lucky or did the screen smash? Did you repair it? If so how much did it cost to repair?

Sorry for all the questions haha.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

iv dropped my phon several tmes but I guess my phones a trooper and doesn't want to break lol I have scratches on the side but nothing too major

Yes, I've dropped my phone plenty of times at home being very careless. Fortunately my home has carpet floors so I have yet to damage the phone. Haha.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7
    Android OS
    Just cracked my GNex screen a few days ago...thanks to my 5 year old daughter and some frantic Temple Run 2 ... There's a small spider web at te bottom right of the glass...but touch functions are still working flawlessly as ever...I reckoned there was no pout spending money over something that still works perfectly, and the cracks don't really impede the view of tHe main part of the display...besides my Nexus 4 is on its way and should arrive next month

Glad that it still works fine, is Temple Run 2 good? I haven't played it yet and it doesn't run on my HTC Wildfire S unfortunately.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Android OS
    Jelly Bean 4.1
    I have dropped my phone a few times. The worst was when I was out hiking up a mountain trail and was bouncing down the path. I was so worried it was going to go over the edge, but luckily it didn't. The only thing that was wrong with it were a few scratches.
    One time when I dropped another phone the speaker stopped working, but was able to open it up and found that the connector just came loose. So overall fairly lucky that I haven't had any real damage.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7
    Android OS
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys View Post
    Glad that it still works fine, is Temple Run 2 good? I haven't played it yet and it doesn't run on my HTC Wildfire S unfortunately.
    It's pretty good..tougher and more frantic than the original

Quote Originally Posted by madrao View Post
    It's pretty good..tougher and more frantic than the original
    Haha, oh good. I've played the first one on another phone and I enjoyed it. There is a better option to it though in my opinion. It's called running grandma or something like that. It's great fun. =D

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Yep, I've dropped my phone quite a few times, but my rubber phone case absorbed most of the impact. So I was lucky enough not to have it break or crack. I highly recommend getting some sort of case if you don't have one already, it really helps keep the phone intact.

Quote Originally Posted by tabbil View Post
    Yep, I've dropped my phone quite a few times, but my rubber phone case absorbed most of the impact. So I was lucky enough not to have it break or crack. I highly recommend getting some sort of case if you don't have one already, it really helps keep the phone intact.
    Yes! You're right. I really do need to be a case. I've been lucky so far with my Wildfire S but there will be a day when I drop it and smash the screen if I don't get any protection for it. Thanks for reminding me LOL. =D

Device(s)
    phone
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    Well, I didn’t drop my phone but I had been in a motorcycle accident which destroys phone. I didn’t have it repaired because literally it was broken in pieces. I though Nokia phones were tough enough. Good thing my motorcycles survive the crash.

Aww, well was you ok? Did you hit/get hit my another car/motorcycle? If so were they ok too?

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Android OS
    Android 4.1
    I have dropped my phone quite a few times actually but somehow, even without a screen protector, the screen hasn't smashed yet and there are no marks on the side of the phone so I'm quite impressed with it as usually it would smash first time without a screen protector.

I've dropped my phone so many times, I lost count. I guess I am lucky because it just has a few scratches, nothing to stop me from using it. On top of dropping it, I don't have a pouch for it so it goes in my pocket. I lost my last phone because it slipped out while I was exiting a taxi. I have a case now, but I still drop my it daily. It's a habit, you can say I guess.

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid Razr HD
    I've dropped my phone a few times, but I always have some sort of case on it to protect it a bit and luckily haven't cracked a screen or anything like that. I once had a phone stolen, but I had the Asurion insurance through Verizon, so I got a new one for free. I think it would have been a $50 charge if it had been broken, but because it was stolen and I could supply a police report, they waived the replacement fee.

I've dropped my phone several times (Galaxy s3) luckily i bought the OtterBox case for the phone and it has saved it so many times. The s3 feels to weak to begin with and I suggest anyone who has this phones gets a good quality case.

MAny times hahah

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Android OS
    Jellybean 4.1.1
    I dropped my phone so many times! Every time I pick it up I'm expecting to see shattered glass, but I don't! I guess I extremely lucky. I hope it doesn't happen in the future!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    I have also dropped my phone many times on my hard wood floor thanks to my dog getting caught in the charger hahah and so far i have been really lucky i only have one little dent in the corner and it does not affect the phone at all.

My sister dropped her Iphone once and cracked the screen right down the middle.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android OS
    Android 4.1.1
    I have dropped my phone a few times..but good thing our floor in the house and at work are carpeted, so no harm done. But I really take care of my things. Never had any phone/tablet broken. It usually just get broken because of year of use.