• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    Zenithink C91

Chinese devices?

Has anyone tried any of the Android phones and Android Tablets from China? How was your experience with them? And how long did they last?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    phone
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    I am not sure if Huawei can be considered china devices, but it is manufactured in China. I used to have one of those and it didn’t last for a year. I don’t recommend buying China devices because it lacks quality, not to mention the child labor.

Device(s)
    Zenithink C91
    It depends on the device. I've tried a lot and some of them are pretty decent, like the Ainol and Zenithink brands. They were on par with most of the more expensive tablets.

Device(s)
    Nexus 7
    Android OS
    Jellybean 4.2
    Not really sure how android devices from China are, but I have bought other electronics made in China. If the android phones are like the other things I bought, I would stay far away from them.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    Like any other country, the goods here vary from device to device, brand to brand. There's some really cheap stuff, which is about as good as you'd expect it to be. On the other hand, there's a fair amount of quality phones/tablets too. Bearing in mind about half of the world's electronics are made or assembled here, you probably wouldn't notice any difference.

The software though, you need to watch. I bought my old Asus Transformer here (Beijing), and whilst it works fine, it came with the Chinese software build on it, which lacks a lot of western stuff (though it has a lot of Chinese stuff to make up for it). Facebook and the like I didn't miss, but the lack of a Google Play store was a pain. In the end I managed to hack it so it thought it was the Wordwide version, which remedied that.

I bought my old HTC Desire HD in HK, and that was fine. My current Note II I bought here, but I bought the European model (Ironically cheaper than in Europe). My wife has the Chinese version, though not sure if that was made here or imported. Anyway, so far both have been great.

Device(s)
    Zenithink C91
    Quote Originally Posted by Araragi View Post
    Not really sure how android devices from China are, but I have bought other electronics made in China. If the android phones are like the other things I bought, I would stay far away from them.
    Most of them actually are. I tend to stay away from any of the devices that are under $100, regardless of how good their reputation is. I once bought one for $72, I ended up giving it away to my lil cousin. I couldn't use it, and most likely wouldn't have been able to find someone willing to buy it.

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Android OS
    Android 4.1
    I bought an android phone from China once before. It costs around 60 and it turned out quite badly. It is incredibly slow, no 3d games could be played and would lag on the home screen. It also had only Gingerbread on the device instead of ICS.It lasted me a month before I got fed up of a terrible device. This experience shows me not to get a phone from China again.