• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    Zenithink C91

iOS vs. Android discussion

Lets try to forget that we all own Android devices (at least I am assuming that we all do). Which one of the two has the best features and will evolve the most in your opinion? Also, what made you choose Android over the iOS?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Device(s)
    phone
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    I I simply choose android phone for practical reason. Both have a variety of apps to choose according to needs. Both have endless potential and almost the same specs. Both have its own pros and cons, I choose Android simply because it is cheaper.

Device(s)
    Nexus 7
    Android OS
    Jellybean 4.2
    I was converted to android from apple probably because I was attracted by the lower prices. Little did I know that I would later fall in love with all the new functions and features that android has. The only section that I think apple succeeds in is build quality and hardware.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7
    Android OS
    Android - for the sheer customizability it offers

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid Razr HD
    I like the fact that I can customize my Droid so much and there are so many mods out there to choose from. Also, yes, the iPhone is just crazy expensive. I've had both and while the iPhone is a solid phone, I just prefer the Android platform and I like the fact that it's open source.

Device(s)
    Zenithink C91
    Any apps or games that are available exclusively on the iOS that you regret not having on Android devices? My one and only regret is The World Ends With You - Solo Remix.

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Android OS
    Android 4.1
    There are advantages and disadvantages for both operating systems. Starting with iOS, games are sometimes exclusive to them and there app store is bigger than Google Play. Their disadvantages though, they don't have live widgets and the interface is a bit outdated and old. Next with Android, the advantages is that it has live widgets, has Google software automatically installed and is open source. The disadvantages is that Google Play isn't as big or strong as the iOS app store.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android OS
    Android 4.1.1
    I never considered buying an iphone. it's too expensive!

I have an android phone and an iPad and I think iOS has better games but their products freeze up a lot more and it drives me crazy. I do like how it's designed and everything but I like the android too. I guess it depends

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by memento_mori View Post
    Lets try to forget that we all own Android devices (at least I am assuming that we all do). Which one of the two has the best features and will evolve the most in your opinion? Also, what made you choose Android over the iOS?
    In my opinion, Android has better features than Apple. They have a better price point for similar phones/technology and most of Android's apps are free. It's just the all-around more affordable option.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by bodgity View Post
    There are advantages and disadvantages for both operating systems. Starting with iOS, games are sometimes exclusive to them and there app store is bigger than Google Play. Their disadvantages though, they don't have live widgets and the interface is a bit outdated and old. Next with Android, the advantages is that it has live widgets, has Google software automatically installed and is open source. The disadvantages is that Google Play isn't as big or strong as the iOS app store.
    Actually I believe that these days they're not much different in size.

As far as the i vs A - Android has widgets, most phones have SD Cards to expand the memory, USB slots that you can use to plug your phone into any computer (not tied to iTunes), flexibility to customize, easy roots on most phones and a wide variety of devices to choose from. I honestly can't think of a really good, single solid point where iOS wins out these days. Apple really needs to upgrade their system.

Device(s)
    lg optimus
    Android OS
    It's all about the apps. That and the ability to customize anything. Those are both reasons why I choose android. Mostly love the apps because they are so different and unique.

Device(s)
    LG optimus 4G LTE
    Android OS
    ICS 4.0
    Both are good phone , I prefer the iPhone for everyday living , But the android is fun to play with since its an android and you can do about anything you want to do with it.

Plus with the samsung galaxy S3 you have good storage capacity + you have an available MiniSD card slot.

Android offers more customizability. They will always win in this factor.

Apple has more streamlined and smooth interactions when using the phone's GUI.
    Also, Apple offers very sleek products that just "feel right" in my hand.

I have both Android and Apple devices and they each are good in their own respect.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by joshd1990pl View Post
    Android offers more customizability. They will always win in this factor.
    Apple has more streamlined and smooth interactions when using the phone's GUI.
    Also, Apple offers very sleek products that just "feel right" in my hand.
    Obviously this is very subjective, and also depends upon the phones involved, but I don't think the GUI interactions are better on iOS anymore. Again, depending upon the phones involved. I admit I am biased for Android too haha. Most apps are made for both these days as well, and their use is pretty much the same, apart from the lack of widgest on the old Apple of course.

Quote Originally Posted by kavoric View Post
    It's all about the apps. That and the ability to customize anything. Those are both reasons why I choose android. Mostly love the apps because they are so different and unique.
    Apps is the reason that I went with the iPhone for my secondary phone.
    My android phone was the top of the line at the time (Galaxy S1) and had trouble running many apps smoothly.
    Also they often forced closed.

I have to say it mostly depends on the person , me personally i like both , they both have their certain strengths and weaknesses.
    iPhone for example has a very dull UI as it has been used since 2007 and has had very minimal changes , but don't get me wrong, the software and iPhone itself are great and really easy to use.
    On the other hand we have android, which is very open sourced than the iPhone and also has less restrictions ,but at the same time its also easy to get viruses . Android has really stepped their game up in design and software wise.The only reason why i switched to IOS was because of their huge lineup of entertaining apps, which keeps me busy all day.

I can totally see where your coming from , as i have also switched from Samsung to iPhone due to lack of apps,
    i personally think apps have a huge thing to do with phones , after all do they not keep you entertained?

It is indeed, most developers make apps for both ios and android , so hopefully android will catch up in their app selections ,as they have really improved in the last couple years

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by ak47007 View Post
    I can totally see where your coming from , as i have also switched from Samsung to iPhone due to lack of apps,
    According to one article I found* dated Oct last year, Google's app store now has more apps. Then again, other** articles say Apple's store still leads, but only by a small amount, and most expect Android to top it soon. Hardly surprising really, when something like 70% of all smartphones (globally) now run Android, and the pad market is also swinging more towards Android too. It was bound to catch up sooner or later.

* rethink-wireless.com/2012/10/30/google-equals-ioss-apps-numbers.htm
    **techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/ios-apps-still-more-profitable-than-android-but-google-play-is-gaining-1116300

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Mini 2
    My dad has iphone and it moves faster compared with the phone i have(not a great one) but he can't customize his like I do mine and that makes me love Android.

IOS is simple, clean and reliable but it doesn't have as many feature as android does.Over all the best,newest android is far better than the best newest iPhone as far as specs go but android OS is sometimes unreliable and glitchy even on the best phones.Also IOS has WAY more apps and has a built in virtual assistant whereas not all android have that.Over all I think IOS is a more stable better OS but android has way better phones so if the choice was min I would choose android.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Android all day everyday.
    Reason? Here are some of my reasons why:
    A lot of apps/games that are Paid apps for IOS are free for android.

Customization and looks - I like how my phone looks. Plus if you got bored you can customize it as much as you want. Live wallpapers, widgets etc etc

I will always choose Android rather than iPhone. I know that the iOS is smoother because it is a great OS but I can`t live without my custom roms that make a great android experience.