• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    Phone
    Android OS
    LG

What made you switch to a smartphone?

I suppose the honest answer for me is that I wanted to be able to join in with what my friends were all talking about. As they mostly all had Androids that was the natural choice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I held out for the longest time because of the extra cost involved. (I used to have a pay as you go phone.) In the end I switched because I wanted the internet access.

Mine was a gift. I am not sure when I'd have bought one if I had paid, hut now I am so used to it I can hardly remember having an old fashioned phone.

Device(s)
    LG Motion 4G
    Android OS
    77010d
    I also held out for a long time until they evolved and I could get one on a prepaid carrier.

Wanted to be able to send pictures with a better camera, better notepad, email and Internet.

So my first smartphone is an Android with ICS !

Easiest phone to learn and a powerful mini computer in my pocket .

The fast Internet is useful and fun.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Android OS
    ICS
    When I got my first smartphone. It was Galaxy note one. Android OS trend in online communities led me to buy one. I bought device & satisfied myself with Android best apps & features.
    Android related Tech Blog www.nkjskj.com

Device(s)
    samsung galaxy s2
    Android OS
    cyanogen mod
    It was time to ditch the old candy bar like phone and go for something new. I also wanted something which was capable of connecting to the internet while I was on the go.

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid Razr HD
    I have my own business and needed something to keep me connected to my clients at all times. I'm not always sitting in front of a computer and it's really made my life a million times easier. Yeas, it's not always fun being connected, but unfortunately it's a necessity. Of course nowadays, I use Google Maps while driving, which has replaced my Garmin, and it's great to have info at the drop of a hat anytime I need it. Plus, with my Kindle and Nook accounts, I can read anywhere, which is nice, especially if clients are running a little late.

i need to find some funny things when i face the boring time.

smartphone let our lives easier.

Device(s)
    Nexus 10
    Android OS
    Well to be honest I don't have many friends to text, so having a 'non smart' phone was pretty pointless for me, as that's pretty much all they do. With a smartphone though, I have the whole internet at my finger tips, and 500,000+ apps!

Device(s)
    phone
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    I switched to smart phone because it’s a necessity for me. I work in the field doing marketing jobs and I need to be connected to my colleagues all the time. I personally think that a smart phone is a must for a working class today.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android OS
    Android 4.1.1
    I switched to smartphones because I want a phone that does a lot of things other than text and calls. Smartphones are a convenience for someone who needs access to most stuffs like internet, emails, cameras, etc. And besides, with the growing trend and the technology improving everyday, it's only a matter of time when all non smartphones would be phased out.

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Android OS
    Jelly Bean
    Because it's the cool thing to do. Just kidding but smartphones are pretty darn cool. I got my first smart phone this summer after my ipod got stolen. A ipod touch with 32gb was something like $250 and I realized a Bionic with a 32gb msd would only cost about $30. I think I made the right decision.

Apps.

I was SO tired of using phones that weren't customizable. Basically you get the phone, it MAYBE has a music app, and MAYBE a way to browse the web, but then you were stuck with that same software for 2 years.

My first Smartphone was the Samsung Galaxy Epic 4g from Sprint and I loved it, even though it took 2 1/2 years before sprint actually installed 4g in my area. That was annoying, yes, but I still loved the ability to download new software. It's basicall a computer in my pocket that is much faster than computers I owned in 2003.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I can't say I switched to smartphone because my first phone is a smartphone already. But with all the phones releasing every year, it's pretty hard to resist the temptation of getting one because there's simply a lot of things you can do with a smartphone that you can't do with a regular call & text phone. Plus you can't just ignore that other people around you are opening their facebook with their phone while you are playing not-so-cool games in an old phone.

I switched to a smartphone because I was amazed by the games and all of the features of a smartphone that I saw on my friends` phones.

I got one as soon as it was available for me. my first smartphone was the droid x I do believe but I didn't have it very long though. ive had several smartphones in the past though and I would never change back!

I wanted a Smartphone to do a little more than just talk to friends. I wanted to take pictures and check my Facebook regularly. I didn't want to always walk around with a laptop or tablet, so I figured it was time for a Smartphone.