• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Talking While Driving

Do you talk on your cell phone while you're driving? If so, do you talk with the phone next to your ear, with a wireless Bluetooth ear piece, or do you put the phone on speaker and hold the phone at the wheel?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This is something I feel quite strongly about - phones and cars don't mix! I never use mine when I am driving, even using an ear piece would be a distraction from the road.

I agree with Techhappy, and I don't talk or text on my phone while I'm driving. If it's so important that it can't wait until I get to my destination, I'll pull over!

The only time I will talk on the phone while I am driving is if my mom calls me. If it's anyone else, I won't answer the phone, and I never call out while I'm driving. The only reason I answer when my mom calls is because she only calls when it's an emergency or very urgent. To answer the original question though, when I do talk while driving, I talk on the speakerphone with the phone held in one hand and the steering wheel in the other.

I used to use my phone when driving, to call and sometimes to text, then I saw an awful TV show about the number of deaths that occur as a result. That cured me of the habit.

Device(s)
    Phone
    Android OS
    LG
    I know that driving and using a phone is dangerous, but surely they wouldn't make Bluetooth available if you couldn't at least use that? If you take care I think hands free driving and talking is as safe as you can get.

i feel this is a dangerous thing.but if you use the bluetooth earphone can lower the risk.

let me think, mm.. allthough, the bluetooth earphone can reduce the risk. however,there is a little dangerous.i advise you'd better stop your car ,then go on your phone.

Device(s)
    Nexus 10
    Android OS
    If I drove, I would never hold it up to my ear. If a phone call was absolutely necessary then I may use a wireless ear piece. I think that they can be really distracting though, therefore increasing the chances of an accident.

Device(s)
    Xperia x8
    Android OS
    I'm not a driver yet, but I can already say I won't use my phone while driving. I've seen to much accident happen because of that, one including my brother. :/

Device(s)
    Zenithink C91
    Also guilty. But honestly I don't think it as any different from talking to a passenger. I can talk to someone without getting distracted from my driving. And its not like I hold the phone in my hand.

Device(s)
    phone
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    I donít usually answer my phone if Iím driving. I just call back when I arrived. I saw the commercial of a high end luxury car that have built in phone. Maybe if Iím driving that 3million car then I talk and drive just to show off, lol.