• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Cell Phone Reviews

Do you ever read or watch cell phone reviews online before choosing a cell phone? Websites like CNET do smartphone reviews all the time, and there are YouTube clips of user reviews for just about every phone out there. Do you place any stock in reviews or do you just pick out a phone you like and go with it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I do place some stock in cell phone reviews, depending on how expensive the cell phone is. The more expensive the phone is, the more research I do into the phone before I buy it. I'm not going to pick out a $300 dollar cell phone and buy it the same day I lay eyes on it for the first time!!

I like to watch the video reviews because I like to see the phone in use. Some phones sound great when you read the description but once you have it in your hand, it's not easy to navigate or user-friendly.

I don't really care to read user reviews, as I find that I rarely ever agree with other users about a given product. I do like to watch the CNET-type reviews though, where they show you what all the phone can do and how to do everything.

Device(s)
    MiguelVapsNP
    I don't care anything about the review articles, but I love the YouTube video reviews, even if they are just from other users and not from CNET or other "official" websites. I like to see the phone in action before I buy it.

I am a bit wary of online reviews unless they come from an established source or an obviously genuine user. Some people post fake reviews to tempt you into buying via their affiliate sites.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Android OS
    Jellybean 4.1.1
    If I buy a smart phone I have to do some research on it. I usually watch the cnet, and other tech reviewers. I'm not going to buy a phone blindly, I think its a good idea to check these reviews before buying anything