• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Cell Phone Insurance

I've never been one to buy cell phone insurance; I guess I've always considered it to be a waste of money. However, I'm about to buy the most expensive cell phone of my cell-phone-buying history, so now I'm starting to think that maybe cell phone insurance would be a good idea. If something were to happen to that phone, I wouldn't have the cash out-of-pocket to replace it. Should I get the insurance this time?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wouldn't be without insurance for an expensive model. Ask yourself if you could afford to replace it should the worse happen. If not then lay out the extra for peace of mind. It's probably best to shop around for a good policy though.

Someone said to check the policy and I strongly second that. Some of them will try to avoid paying if they think you caused the problem in any way. Things like smashing the display because you dropped it could be blamed on your own negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Someone said to check the policy and I strongly second that. Some of them will try to avoid paying if they think you caused the problem in any way. Things like smashing the display because you dropped it could be blamed on your own negligence.
    Are you serious?! Wow! I thought the whole purpose behind insurance was to cover you in just that type of situation, where you did something to the phone. If insurance companies are trying to act like phone manufacturers and treat insurance policies like warranties now, I would definitely read the fine print on the policy before I took it out!