• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    MiguelVapsNP

Letting Kids Play With Phones

Do you let your kids play with your cell phone? I don't have kids, but I do have nieces and nephews, and they always want to play with my phone. I get that the phone seems like the coolest thing in the world to them and they'd love nothing more than to be grown and have a phone of their own, but I'm not down with letting them mess with my $300 dollar phone in the meantime. Is that mean?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You are not being a bad aunt by denying them your phone to play with, so don't worry about that. You should remember though that one day soon you may need them to help you figure out how to use something on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Do you let your kids play with your cell phone? I don't have kids, but I do have nieces and nephews, and they always want to play with my phone. I get that the phone seems like the coolest thing in the world to them and they'd love nothing more than to be grown and have a phone of their own, but I'm not down with letting them mess with my $300 dollar phone in the meantime. Is that mean?
    No, that's not mean - that's protecting your $300 dollar investment! I've never been one to let other people mess with my phone, including other adults. My husband is about the only other person that ever has his hands on my phone, but he's so anti-technical that he doesn't even know how to use it! He's still using one of those prepaid flip phones.

Kids have very little concept of cash values, so as the adult it's up to you to be strict about what they can or cannot touch when visiting. You don't say how old your relatives are but maybe they'd be appeased with some toy phones for now?

Riley - Sully made a great suggestion; maybe if the kids are young, you could just buy them toy phones for now. If they're too old for that, maybe you could suggest their parents get them something like an iPod touch for Christmas. One of my nieces has one of those and it can do almost as much as a smart phone, but my brother-in-law doesn't have to pay anything monthly for her to have it.

My sister also allows her son to play with this cell phone. The reason for this is that she wants her son to be some what familiar with the mobile technology in his childhood day itself.

Device(s)
    lg optimus
    Android OS
    ice cream
    haha its a funny question yes kids like to play with phones you can get them some cheap phone to play with

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Android OS
    ICS
    Same thing is with me. I generally give kids to play with my phone.

They do like playing video songs, making drawing on phone etc.

But we should keep attention they should not be addict of phone apps.
    Android related Tech Blog www.nkjskj.com

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid Razr HD
    I usually keep a game or two on my phone for the kids. I'm not about to give my phone over to a two year old that has no idea what they are doing with it, but if a friend has a kid who is, say in kindergarten or something and they are bored when we're out, I don't have a problem with letting them play for a bit.

you'd better let kids play phone.first of all,the phone has radiation,it is very harmful to their body and eyes.you can see,there are so many myopic eyes.all think to phones and computers.secondly,kids is a immaturate,many games and other temptation in the phone.they are easily addicted to those.So in my view,not let kids play phones.

sometimes,the strict benefits them.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    No greasy fingered snot nosed kids are getting anywhere near my phone! It's a grown-up toy only! You aren't being mean, kids have to respect limits. They don't mean to damage/delete things, but inevitably that's what happens if you let them play.

Device(s)
    Nexus 10
    Android OS
    I don't have children but I have younger brothers who love to play on my Nexus 10. They've never really done anything wrong to/with it, just using all the battery up :P

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android OS
    Android 4.1.1
    My nephews has always begged me to use my phones before just to play games. But as phones are quite expensive and as we all know, children don't care, I don't let them most of the times. But now they both have a cheap android tablet that they can use for games so it saves me and my siblings letting them use our phones.

No you're not mean but I feel the same too and I let them use mine just because in going to get a new phone soon. I can see if it's like a brand new phone and everything but I don't really mind anymore