• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Charging Your Phone

How long does it take for your phone to recharge from a completely dead battery? I remember the last phone I had would completely recharge in about an hour, but this one I have now seems like it takes forever!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mine takes a lot longer than an hour too. I think its because when you charge the phone the phone is using the battery to run the apps you have. I don't know exactly how long it takes to charge though.

I turn my phone off before I charge it but it still takes a long time. I've never timed it to see exactly how long it does take, but I know it takes well over an hour or two. I usually just turn my phone off and night before I go to bed, plug it into the charger, and leave it charging overnight.

I usually leave my phone on while it's charging, but I try not to use it. I've heard that it can mess up the battery if you try to talk, text, or browse the web on it while it's charging because it uses the "juice" to power the phone instead of charging the battery. As far as time goes, I'd say it takes a few hours to completely charge it if the battery is nearly dead.

I sometimes get frustrated about how long my phone takes to charge, and reading this has scared me a little. I often use it to make calls while it's plugged into the computer, (my favorite way to boost the battery.) I hope I haven't damaged it by doing this

I turn my phone off and charge it overnight while I'm sleeping, like blondie, so I don't really know how long it takes for it to fully charge. I just know that when I wake up in the morning, it's fully charged and ready to go.

Device(s)
    LG Motion 4G
    Android OS
    77010d
    Some chargers are a bit underpowered which takes longer to charge the phone.

The charger that came with my phone outputs 1.2 amps which is good and charges the phone in about one hour.

The cheapo charger to charge just the spare battery is .5 amps maybe less and takes about 6 hours to charge my spare battery.

Device(s)
    lg optimus
    Android OS
    ice cream
    my lg optimus one drains battery quite quickly but charges in an hour if it is completely drained unfortunately it had some charging issues lately

my galaxy s3 charges in about 1.5 hours and the battery lasts about 2 days with normal use/calls. A good tip for android users is to only charge your phone when its on low battery power this helps extend the life of your phone. Also after a year or two be prepared to buy an extra battery for your phone due to the fact that batteries will lose their charge over time.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    My Galaxy S3 charges fairly quickly. I leave my phone on when i charge it though so that could be why it takes a little longer to charge than most people.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android OS
    Android 4.1.1
    I think mine takes around one and a half hours to fully charge. And like another poster said, only charge your battery when it reached the low battery mark. A lot of advices I've read online said too to not drain the battery as it can shorten the battery life of your phone.

It takes around an hour or so.
    I've never really timed it, but that seems appropriate.

One tricked to make your battery last is to make sure that you don't keep it plugged in when it's 100% charged. Also you should drain to down to atleast 20% before recharging it. That is the way to make lithium ions last a long time.