• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Thread: Other chargers

Other chargers

I use a Samsung charger on my Droid phone. Is this bad for the phone? I've been told that I should not do this as it might harm the phone. I say if the cord/jack fits, use it! My Kindle charger even fits.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't work for a phone company, so I guess I can't give you an "official" answer, but I don't think it will hurt the phone, so long as it fits properly. It seems like a lot of phones are using the same charger these days!

Device(s)
    lg optimus
    Android OS
    ice cream
    usually it does not hurt the phone some people have used my lg charger to charge their blackberry and samsung mobile since the voltage output is same there is no problem else it can be a issue

Quote Originally Posted by kel2 View Post
    I use a Samsung charger on my Droid phone. Is this bad for the phone? I've been told that I should not do this as it might harm the phone. I say if the cord/jack fits, use it! My Kindle charger even fits.
    Did the person that told you it would harm your phone tell you why it might do so? I'm just curious because I use an after market charger with my phone and I would hate to damage the phone or the battery by using the wrong charger for it.