• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Device(s)
    Lenovo Thinkpad

What specs do you consider important ?

When you buy a new phone, what do you look for? Are there any specs you consider more important than others? Camera, screen width, operating system... what's the most important aspects you look for?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I will look for the high pixel resolution camera and the type of platform.

The screen so I can see it with my glasses off, resolution too. Ram & processing speed since I tend to run multiple applications at once and quickly bounce from one to the other. Design is last on the list as it does need to look nice but its not that major when it comes to what I buy.

Device(s)
    Lenovo IdeaTab S2109
    Android OS
    ICS
    A good phone has to have an updated OS, an at least 800 mhz. processor, a good camera and maybe a front camera, for video chat. Other than that, WiFi access would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo View Post
    When you buy a new phone, what do you look for? Are there any specs you consider more important than others? Camera, screen width, operating system... what's the most important aspects you look for?
    When I buy a new phone, I'm looking for at least a 4" screen, 8 meg (or higher) rear-facing camera with video, some type of front-facing camera, and preferably, a physical keyboard to text with. I've also started paying more attention to the processor, because a phone with a more powerful processor will operate faster than one with a weaker processor.

The size of the screen is a big deal (the bigger the better) along with the specs on the camera, where I want at least 8 MP and HD video recording capability. I'm not really familiar with all of the different operating systems, so unless I've heard something bad about a specific one, I'm not really concerned with which OS the phone is running.

I text on my phone more than I talk on it, so I always want a phone with a physical QWERTY keyboard. I don't know about anyone else, but I hate texting on a virtual keyboard!!

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    When looking for a new phone, the specs I am most interested in are processor speed, memory capacity, camera resolution, and OS. There are so many specs to look out for though and I am sure it is different for everyone.

When I buy a new phone, I look for a good camera that can record videos, a large screen, a powerful processor, plenty of memory, and long battery life.

Device(s)
    LG Motion 4G
    Android OS
    77010d
    Those are all good Criteria but I also want a good clear loud speaker and a clear sounding earpiece as well.

Many phones have a nice EQ and boost for the Music Player but not for the calls!

App developers take note of this please.

It surprises me that many phones have poor audio on calls!

I really like having a powerful computer in my pocket but remember the phone audio.
    Last edited by robertkoa; 11-22-2012 at 10:26 AM.

I always look at talk time and standby time on the battery first. Even though it's only an estimate, you can still compare phones based on which ones have longer quoted times than others. The camera resolution is also important, as well as the ease-of-use. I want to try my phone out before I buy it, because I don't want to get my hands on a phone I can't navigate!