• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Do you decorate your phones?

Do you add anything fancy to your Android phones? Interesting skins, or a nice case? A sticker on the back?

I have a skin I've stuck on my phone, but that's about it. I'd like to get a nice case as well!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I love making anything I own have a personal touch. I do not have the original case I bought it with as this would simply not separate it from the rest.

Alb
    I have a blue skin on my HTC Evo 3D, and it looks quite awesome, but that's pretty much it. I don't have any other accessories to decorate my smartphones. I wanted to get a case from eBay, but I've kind of let it slide... I have to charge my PayPal account this month and see what Android accessories I can find online...

I haven't done anything with Android skins yet, but I'm always decorating and personalizing things. There are so many skins out there. You can get something for sports teams, a retro design, or whatever you want.

I guess I am pretty lazy with mine, as long as the case helps in case I drop it I really do not care what it looks like. I am not that into decorating geeky things either, now I do have random things on my work desk but thats just to entertain me when I am working. Gryphon Hatchling next to a Wind Rider is always a fun conversation starter.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    All I have for mine is a leather case to put it in. I don't do any kind of bling, too girly for my tastes. I wouldn't mind getting a hard case for it though because it does get knocked around a lot.

I went out and spent a ton on a case with the first phone I got but then after that I just gave up, most times you can sell off a used phone but you can not always do it with the case. I just tend to take very good care of my phone and avoid dropping it as much as possible (so far so good).

Device(s)
    Bionic
    I just have a skin on my phone. I don't like putting stickers on any electronic ~ then again I didn't pay $199 plus tax to ruin it with stickers. I have a squishy skin - they are my favorite. It's more for protection and not for decoration.

I have seen all of the fancy little gadgets, but I haven't purchased any yet. I probably do need a skin to help protect the case. I will probably pick something simple, though, because I am just not the "flashy" type.

Device(s)
    Motorola
    I don't, on my current phone, have any personalization. On my last one, though, I had a butterfly sticker on the back. It was kind of necessary, because two of my family members had the EXACT same model phone.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 900
    Android OS
    Android OS 2.0
    Outlook really keeps better impression. I only use fancy Case for my phone. It's really one of most elegant and impressive feature for me. I just really like this thing so much.

yes, i do. i put jelly cases, leather cases, one or two stickers. before i even put a gmask.

Device(s)
    Sony xperia
    Android OS
    ice cream sandwhich
    yup, but only decorations with practical use like bumper/casing

I'd like to have it engraved, my initials to be exact.
    Other than that, stickers or other things that can ruin it are not a good idea IMO. My initials don't change but I may get bored with a sticker.
    A nice case can be a nice accessory also.

I have never personally done this but I know a few others that have. One friend did a quick engrave (all initials) for their kids 16th birthday, another was for a wife on her anniversary. I just do not see the point to it myself I guess I am not too personal.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus 3D Max
    Android OS
    ice cream sandwich
    I never thought about decorating my own phone. I keep in in my pocket at all times, I don't really flash it in front of everyone so it's really no use for me to decorate it. I have a wallpaper wit my family on the screen but that's about it. Doesn't need more personalisation.

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation
    Some people like to decorate their phones a lot (I have seen some of my friends get all sort of fancy cases for their smart phones), but it is not really my style. I only use a silicone case. Nothing more...
    Last edited by Eric; 08-14-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Android OS
    Ice Cream Sandwich
    Well, my girlfriend dropped it a couple of times so there you go, do scratches count as decorations?
    Seriously now, I never do anything to my phone (intentionally...). I like to sell them when I want a change so I prefer to leave them intact.

Device(s)
    Razr Maxx
    I am not a decorator. I like mine to stay just the way it came. I did have a sticker on the back of my old phone for quite some time but that was more to cover up the big scratch on the back then for any decorative purpose.

I have mine all blinged out. I got a really great deal on a fancy case from one of those kiosks at the mall. Normally I really don't though because it can get pretty expensive if you really get into the accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawdryn View Post
    Do you add anything fancy to your Android phones? Interesting skins, or a nice case? A sticker on the back?

I have a skin I've stuck on my phone, but that's about it. I'd like to get a nice case as well!
    I always decorate my phone with a case as soon as I buy it. Not only does it make the phone feel more personalized, it protects it and reduces the likelihood of me breaking it if/when I drop it.