• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThunderboltBaby

Thread: Using the Android market

Using the Android market

My thinking is that the market would be the best place to get all apps you may need for your phone. How often do you use the Android market to get apps?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I really only use the Android market to get apps. I don't really know another way to get them unless you scan the QR code and it takes you to a place to download the app. I love the Android market though.

Basically every app I've downloaded has been from the app store. I thought that was where everyone got their apps from? Is that not true? Do people get apps from other places?

Well, my thinking has been that the market is the place to get all the specific apps for Android phones but I was just wondering if there are any other places. Vern seems to hint at such a possibility existing.

Quote Originally Posted by nashwida View Post
    Vern seems to hint at such a possibility existing.
    There are some apps you can get by scanning a QR code from a website, poster, or advertisement. It downloads an app for you. A specific example is a podcast that I listen to has an app so you can be notified of new shows every day. On their forums, somebody posted the QR code so you could scan it and download the app instead of getting it from the store.

Alb
    I've seen them on various websites and commercials, but I've never actually used QR codes so far because I haven't had the chance to. I get all my apps from the Android app store. I usually purchase at least one or two apps a week.

Well, thanks for shading enough light Vern. I had never thought the QR codes existed but I will try that out soon. Alb, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to try this out, or would it?

I don't think that it would be a bad idea to try QR codes. If you go to the movies, look at movie posters. They sometimes have the codes on them. You use a barcode scanner app on your phone to scan it. It will usually do something like play a movie trailer. It's really easy. They are in magazines too.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Actually I get very few of my apps from the Android marketplace. I get the bulk of them from the Amazon App Store. They have a wider selection and better prices. Not to mention they give away a full version app every day.
    loribear likes this.

I was just looking at Amazon's App Store that ThunderboltBaby mentioned. Their free app today is Word Game Pro. You can also test drive some of the apps. Not surprisingly, they are also promoting their apps for the Kindle Fire.

I find QR codes really annoying, actually. All the ones I know of link to either an ad or the companie's website, and it takes so long getting there in the first place it just seems easier to type in the site address rather than scan the code.

I had no idea there was another way to get apps. The Android Market is my top choice, and I usually only go for the free apps.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 900
    Android OS
    Android OS 2.0
    Well, I totally agree with you that Android market is really the best option to get stunning apps. But according to my experience, professionals are the best option to create own apps. We should really hire a professional to create our own business app.

Device(s)
    Sony xperia
    Android OS
    ice cream sandwhich
    the app market, can i install also apps not from the market

I use either the app store or the main website. The local radio station I listen to (a rock one) has an app on their website for when you want to listen via PC, the have a second link for the app you can download when you are viewing the site on your phone or tablet.

Of course the market is the best solution for apps. You are sure that they work, you get them 100% legal and you support app developers. I always get mine like this.

Device(s)
    samsung galaxy note N7000
    Android OS
    icscream sandwich
    hi all i usually use the android market, but sometimes i use samsungs own market, as you can sometimes find the same app there but either cheaper or free, ive never actually tried amazons yet, i might just have a look, lori

Device(s)
    Lenovo IdeaTab S2109
    Android OS
    ICS
    I don't have lots of apps installed so I rarely use it. From time to time I check things out but rarely download something since I like to keep my phone 'clean'.