• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Thread: Insurance?

Insurance?

Did you get the Insurance on your phone? I guess this could go in the carrier part of the forum too. I'm curious to know who gets insurance and why. I did get insurance on my daughter's phone (I figured she was more apt to break hers). I also got it on the Bionic (the first time I got it on my phone).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I do, just because I'm worried something will happen to my (very expensive) phone and I won't be able to get it fixed without basically having to pay for it all over again. Better safe than sorry!

Yes, I did. Thank goodness, too, because 8 months later my phone had an issue. They were able to replace it free of charge. I wouldn't have been able to afford another one.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Medroid what insurance do you have that the replacement was free of charge? I am thinking that this was your manufacturer's warranty and not insurance coverage. All of the insurance carriers for cell phones charge a deductible of $50-$100 as far as I know. I do have the insurance but I have only used it once because they always try to pass off some refurb of a phone that isn't even in the same league as the one I broke for the replacement.

I think mine for my work is already setup. I would have to double check but I am pretty sure its setup for the general insurance policy most work places have.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I've never bought insurance for my phones because I've always chosen the phones that were free with contract purchase. Also, I'm very careful with my phone; I keep a hard case on it at all times and never have or use it near water. (I worked in a Metro PCS cell phone store and you would be surprised how many people came in with phones that didn't work anymore because they had dropped them in the toilet!!!) If you like to take your phone in the bathroom with you, or if you use it in the kitchen while you're washing dishes, I would suggest you buy insurance for it because the manufacturer's warranty does NOT cover water damage. The only other reason I could find to justify phone insurance is if you spent a lot of money on the phone, worry that it might be lost/stolen, and know that you can't afford to replace it out of pocket if that happens.

Device(s)
    motorola xoom 2
    Android OS
    honeycomb
    I've recently got insurance for my Motorola Droid RAZR, and I plan to do the same for all of my future smartphones. I've started to learn from other people's experiences. A few of my friends had issues with their smartphones and the insurance was worth every cent. They had no trouble getting the phones fixed as quickly as possible.

I think it is a good idea to insure your smartphone. After all, accidents do happen, and I don't think that paying a small insurance fee to have your device protected can harm. I have both my smartphone and my tablet insured, so I can have one less thing to worry about.

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid 3, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi, and HP TouchPad ICS
    Android OS
    I do have insurance, but I have never had to use!
    Don't forget that there is a thank button right below the users name under the post! Be sure to click this button when people help!_

Device(s)
    samsung galaxy note N7000
    Android OS
    icscream sandwich
    hi all ive got insurance for my mobile, through my bank, as you can never be too careful these days with an expensive fone, & it only cost me 6.00. lori