• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Amazon Fire more popular than iPad?

Do you think the Amazon Fire tablet will beat the iPad tablet out for popularity? People really like Android, and since Amazon is such a trusted company it seems like a good combination to finally knock the iPad out of its #1 spot.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Alb
    I doubt it can compete with the iPad, for the simple reason that Amazon is not advertising the Kindle Fire as a tablet, but rather as an e-book reader / media player. It will probably be successful because of a well-organized app store, but I have my doubts about its chances of beating Apple.

I share the same thoughts with Alb. The advertizing bit, in my own view, needs to be improved. I am still an iPad fanatic and I think it will take sometime for anything to change that.

Maybe. But popularity isn't everything. I would instead recommend better alternatives like the Ainol NOVO 10. It is a low budget but high performace tablet from uPlay.
    It has the latest specs, such as an HD screen, 4.1 JB OS, and a very powerful processorand GPU.
    It has better specs than iPad as well! Why pay the premium for an iPad when you can get such a good product for a steal?
    You can check it out here-

http://www.uplaytablet.com/ainol-nov...dmi-bluetoo-2/

Device(s)
    Asus Transformer TF101
    Android OS
    4.2.2 EOS
    The fire is just a glorified e-reader. The iPad is more along the lines of an actual tablet. The Fire is basically a normal kindle that can browse facebook and certain websites. If you're looking for a TABLET there is no comparison, go with an iPad for a few bucks more.

Device(s)
    Tagital 7" tablet
    Android OS
    Quote Originally Posted by sizlinspirit View Post
    Why pay the premium for an iPad when you can get such a good product for a steal?
    For many people, the specs don't mean diddly. They'll pay the money for an iPad because it's an Apple product. Same thing with the iPod and the iPhone. Doesn't matter that there's competition with better specs and quality for half the price.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible, Kindle Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    The fire is just a glorified e-reader. The iPad is more along the lines of an actual tablet. The Fire is basically a normal kindle that can browse facebook and certain websites. If you're looking for a TABLET there is no comparison, go with an iPad for a few bucks more.
    What can the iPad do that the Fire cannot?

As a Kindle Fire tablet owner with experience using an iPad, the only thing I can say for the iPad is that it's larger - and heavier. Both work well as eReaders, both work well for web browsing, and both work well for watching streaming content. In my opinion, the Fire is a slightly smaller and much more affordable tablet than the iPad.

As for it beating out the iPad? Probably not, as Apple has been around long enough now to have a die hard, loyal customer base that won't even consider trying something other than an Apple product. Doesn't matter if the specs are comparable or not, they'll still pay twice as much because it has an apple somewhere on it with a bite taken out of it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    No it can't compete with the Ipad. iPad is just dominating the tablet market and people are thinking that iPad is way cooler than any other tablet by any brand even though there's a lot out there that is better. It's just that there's a lot of loyal Apple fans that will buy any products that Apple releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Krissy View Post
    What can the iPad do that the Fire cannot?

For one thing, I think the iPad has access to a lot more apps than the Fire. With the Kindle Fire, you are pretty much limited to Amazon-approved apps unless you root the tablet.

I think the Kindle Fire is great, especially on the price point, but I don't think it will ever beat out the iPad in terms of popularity.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Android OS
    Android 4.0
    The ipad made by apple is an overpriced tablet in my opinion. I recently used the Amazon Fire tablet for my job and it was a great pick. Not only did it do what I needed to do for work purposes it was a great bargain compare to the ipad.

I have both in my family and I honestly prefer the ipad but I use the fire too. The ipads just too big and that bothers me and its more expensive