• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

should Google skip a letter?

Up until now, the Android operating systems have been alphabetical and dessert-inspired. Jelly Bean is a work in progress, but what comes next? Can you think of any desserts that begin with the letter k? All I can think of is Klondike bar, but that's a brand name. Besides, it's essentially the same thing as an ice cream sandwich.

Any ideas for the next offering? Should Google just skip a letter and have Lemon Meringue?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Maybe it'll be "kandy"-something? Although that looks kind of tacky. Oh! What about "key lime pie"? That works, right? I'm pretty sure that's not actually a brand name or anything.

Great thread... Key lime pie is perfect... I doubt they will go with Klondike... can't really use a real brand name without paying the maker of the brand (or so I would think). I am sure the will come up with something.

I can't believe I didn't think of key lime pie. It's one of my all-time favorite desserts! That has to be the next choice. Then, key lime pie will flow nicely into lemon meringue. Should we alert the people at Google that the decision has already been made?

Alb
    There's also this Greek pastry-thingie called "kadaifi", but other than that and the ones you've mentioned I can't think of anything else. Wouldn't it be cool if Google actually chose key lime pie?

I don't suppose kiwi fruit cake could be an option, could it...?

Well, that is a great way of looking at it. I was quite thrilled that Android decided to use dessert names...very creative indeed. I wonder which one will be next on the list and what if they exhaust all names?

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    I still think it is funny that they use dessert names but it is cute. How about Kugel? That starts with a k. It will probably be key lime pie though.

That is interesting. I was thinking it would be a good idea for them to let the users choose some of the names as well. There could be other desset names no one has ever thought about yet.

wow lemon meringue! haha! it's interesting to know google's names and i'm looking forward to that!

I'm also looking forward to see what the next thing will sound like. Key lime pie, that's a classic, they could use it.
    I don't think they'll let the users chose, though. I think the name has to be in english and has to be known. There might be tons of desserts out there starting with a K but we should be able to pronounce it.
    By the way, Key Lime Pie is the only dessert starting with a K. If they don't want to surprise us they'll surely use this one.

I thought of the kiwi jelly at first but from what I remember trying it, it was nasty. Key lime pie is also a good one but what happens if they concoct something strange, who knows what goes through the minds of people working for Google.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus 3D
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    It's been a while and still they didn't give us at least a hint I'm also curious whether they will skip one letter or not.

It makes sense that they will choose Key Lime Pie but we are talking about Google here, and they like to be innovative and offbeat, right? Everytime I think about these OS I want to eat dessert!

So M is going to be Mississippi Mud Pie? It's cute but I run out of ideas for any letters after that, especially when it comes to the awkward ones like Q and Z.