• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
    Alb

What comes after Ice Cream Sandwich ?

I just found out that Google is already working on the next Android version that will be launched sometime next year. Rumor has it that it will be called Jelly Bean. Do you think they are rushing a little? I mean, isn't it too soon after Ice Cream Sandwich? Do you have any extra-info about this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've read that they might take some of the features that were originally planned for Ice Cream Sandwich and use them in Jelly Bean. Google is saying that Jelly Bean will probably be Android 4.5 or even 5.0. I'm thinking the latter if it includes some major changes.

I think phone OS versions come out quicker than, say, computer OS versions because phone technology is changing SO quickly compared to anything else. So Jelly Bean coming out so soon after Ice Cream Sandwich isn't that unusual to me.

Google is always coming up with something new. It's always pushing the envelope and innovating. I guess that's one reason I like Google. The people on their team are always coming up with different or better.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGrace View Post
    Google is always coming up with something new. It's always pushing the envelope and innovating. I guess that's one reason I like Google. The people on their team are always coming up with different or better.
    That's what I like about them, too! Plus there's usually pretty quick to come out with a new thing, especially if it's a fix for something that's gone wonky.

Wow, already? I think they need to calm down or people might give up on them. I mean, that's a lot of money to be shelling out to have the latest and greatest. Pretty soon, no one will buy what's out because they know a better version is already on the way.

Device(s)
    dual-core
    Android OS
    After Ice Cream Sandwich, android 5.0 will release. There is a google news that android 5.0 tablet will be released at the year-end, for detailed information, you can go to blog.wholesaleonepiece.com to take a look.

Well, how do you think the upcoming Android 5.0 tablet will coming at the year end, I don't agree with your opinion, just a suppose. I have view the web about what you post here. Actually it is a good blog that has latest accurate news and regarding China cheap electronic products. Thank you!
    !

So Jelly Bean is out, and there is a lot of hype about upgrading. What do you think about this new version of Android? Is it worth trying? Have they sorted out all the bugs?
    Last edited by Wally; 08-14-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Device(s)
    lg optimus
    Android OS
    ice cream
    yes jelly bean is out there in the market i am thinking what would be the next version may be pizza donut would be some of the future versions of android