• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

How often does your phone break?

I think I remember reading somewhere a while ago that Android phones break more easily than other kinds of phones. Nothing's happened with mine so far, thank goodness, but my dad's phone break just about every three months. Does he just have bad luck, or is there something else going on?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Actually, my last Android phone lasted me longer than any other phone I've had. I wonder why that is (also my only phone that was almost completely touch screen). My phones break (or just stop working) about once a year. I think it's just that they aren't being made to last.

I've heard that they're supposed to last about two years. It's funny that nobody's seems to last that long, though. Maybe they mean under ideal circumstances which isn't real life. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they're about fifty percent more likely to have hardware problems than Windows phones.

Are you referring to functionality issues or the phones just breaking down because of all sorts of reasons? Android phones are generally more delicate so extra care has to be exercised.

I've heard that, too, about Android phones breaking down more quickly than other phones. I'm not sure why that is! It's weird that the hardware is more delicate than other phones' hardware.

Well, I tend to keep dropping my other phones and I always laugh at my best friend who keeps purchasing every other Android phone now and then. I keep telling him he should learn to handle them carefully.

I've never had any problems with any Android product. I did have a lot of problems with the LG products. The screens kept breaking. I did buy the warranty though on my new phone (Bionic)... I would hate to be out $299.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus 3D
    Android OS
    Gingerbread
    I haven't had mine that long and you guys now made me curious. I hope it doesn't break though, we pay a lot for our phones in comparison to a regular phone so it would be nice if they didn't break at all