• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket

Is this possible?

A friend of mine was telling me that he found an app which could track their dog, since its chipped. I thought when the pet is chipped its only like a scanner, internal barcode if you will, not a transmitter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    Droid 3, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi, and HP TouchPad ICS
    Android OS
    I didn't think so either, but I guess it would be possible.... probably will only go for a certain distance though...
    Don't forget that there is a thank button right below the users name under the post! Be sure to click this button when people help!_

Device(s)
    HTC EVO
    Android OS
    I think that the chip transmits some sort of beacon like the GPS in a cell phone just in case the dog gets lost. I really don't know for sure but it sounds pretty cool.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    The chip is read by a handheld scanner because it transmits a signal. The scanner can pick it up just like any other tracking device. I think it is pretty cool that you can now track the chip with your smartphone.

Device(s)
    motorola xoom 2
    Android OS
    honeycomb
    Well, it seems you find something new everyday. I honestly didn't know there was an app for tracking your dog. This is amazing! Imagine how many owners are going to have one less thing to worry about in regard to their pet! No more "Missing dog" posters needed to place on street light poles. Just chip the pet, download the app, and you've found it...

On the surface it is a good idea that you found an app which could track the dog. But this is not a latest device to track the dog. I think you must cost more money on this device. Right?

I think it is possible because any thing is impossible in the word but require hard work.