• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Talk about anything to do with android that can't fit into another forum.

Photobucket
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Qu Mark

Thread: iPhone, Android, Windows

iPhone, Android, Windows

I feel like there should be more smartphones with different operating systems on the market. What am I missing? Are the iPhone, Android, and Windows 7 the only operating systems?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There's also RIM's Blackberry operating system, which is going to be updated to version 10 on a few new smartphones in a few months (as far as I've heard). And there used to be Symbian, but Nokia was the last defender of said OS. After Nokia's announcement of abandoning it due to their partnership with Microsoft, Symbian is as good as gone...

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 900
    Android OS
    Android OS 2.0
    Well, iPhone, Windows and Android are the most leading Mobile operating system. They really lead the world and Android is one of most hottest and most popular option among them.

Device(s)
    Sony xperia
    Android OS
    ice cream sandwhich
    android still

There are also other platforms such as Symbian, Blackberry, Bada, palm OS, open-source development and so on.

I am not sure how the market is for blackberry myself but I can only think of a single person that still uses one. iPhone users are slowly still moving over to Android and those in the area for a Windows phone are looking for simple and small functions when it comes to the phone (from what I see).

Device(s)
    motorola xoom 2
    Android OS
    honeycomb
    They are the most used OS overall so maybe that's why they are so popular and the other ones Tabletguy mentions are losing ground. People move on and the majority prefers these ones because they are updated more frequently and they advertise for them more.

Android is the best IMO. It offers lots of features other devices don't, you have all kinds of apps for it and the best part is, it's easy to use. Prices are dropping so it's not that hard to get one nowadays.
    loribear likes this.

There are other operating systems too. As far as I know, Samsung had an os called Bada. And I have heard that there are some phones running on Linux, but I haven't tried one so far. Android is the best for me, and will probably continue to remain number one!
    Last edited by Wally; 08-14-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Without any doubts, Android will dominate the market in a few years. Its main advantage is that is not 'restricted' like the iOS. And if you ask me, it's more customizable. That's why I had only Android phones and I will never switch to iOS.

Device(s)
    samsung galaxy note N7000
    Android OS
    icscream sandwich
    i must admit i think android is better than say an iphone, you seem to be restricted with certain things, like bluetooth, wifi, bump to name but a few, apple don't seem to like you sharing any data with anyone else even your own pictures, which is stupid & petty, i'll never go back to an iphone again, lori

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 900
    Android OS
    Android OS 2.0
    Android Phones, iPhone and Windows phone are really the leading leader of this world. Android is one of operating system which one is unveiled by Google. There are so many Samsung, HTC and Sony phone has come with Android OS. As the Same way, Windows is also one of OS. Samsung and Nokia has just launched it's windows product while iPhone is one of leading cell phone of this world which one is owned by Apple. iPhone uses it's own Operating system which are called iOS. iOS 6 is latest version operating system. It comes with iPhone 5.