Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 root board where you can find super user guides including unrooting. You can also find ROMs, Hacks, Overclocking, related kernels, and other development topics. Feel free to ask questions or try and help out others. Remember, this section is is dedicated to rooting - development topics and all related general questions.
Here's a step-by-step guide which will help you to install CWM or ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. You do not necessarily need root access to install ClockworkMod recovery on your device. Once you have CWM on your phone or tablet, you can easily install a pre-rooted custom ROM or a flashable root package to get root access. CWM Recovery also includes a lot more advanced functionality than is available in the stock Android recovery, like the ability to make a complete backup of your existing ROM, and restoring to it at a later point, should the need arise
Odin --> HERE
Samsung USB Drivers --> HERE
ClockworkMod Recovery --> HERE
Install CWM Recovery on the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Install the Samsung Drivers on your PC. Reboot the system once after you finish installing them
- Extract the Odin package to your desktop. You should have four files in the extracted folder. Look for the Odin3 .exe file, that's the only one we would be concerned with
- On your tablet, Go to Settings > Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging
- Now power off your tablet and Reboot into Download Mode. You can do so by pressing and holding down the Volume Up + Power buttons. When you see a warning message with a yellow triangle, press the Volume Down key to continue into Download Mode.
- On your PC, launch Odin by double clicking the Odin executable file from the folder you extracted in Step 2
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB data cable, preferably the one that came with the phone. Any microUSB cable should work, but I prefer to use the one supplied with the phone to avoid any unforeseen complications. You should see the message Added!! in the main Odin message box like in the screenshot below, as well as as COM Port number in the first slot directly above the message box, which tells you that Odin has recognized your device
- In Odin, click on the PDA button, and select the CWM recovery.tar.md5 file that you downloaded earlier
- Leave everything else in Odin as it is. Do not touch any other buttons or check boxes. Just make sure that the Re-Partition check box is NOT checked, and Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes ARE checked.
- Double check everything from Step 8 for good measure, and then click the Start button in Odin. This will start the CWM recovery flashing process, and you will see progress in the Odin Window. Once the flashing is complete, you Tab will reboot automatically. If the flashing process has been successful, the top left message box will turn green with a PASS!! message in it. This means it is now safe to disconnect your device from the PC.
- To test if ClockworkMod recovery has been installed successfully, power off the tablet and reboot it while holding down the Volume Down + Power buttons together until the screen turns on, and then release them. The phone will boot into ClockworkMod recovery in a few seconds. While in CWM recovery, use the volume buttons to scroll up/down and the Power button to select an option.
That's it then! You now have the CockworkMod custom recovery installed on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1