Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 root board where you can find super user guides including unrooting. You can also find ROMs, Hacks, Overclocking, related kernels, and other development topics. Feel free to ask questions or try and help out others. Remember, this section is is dedicated to rooting - development topics and all related general questions.
Rooted device owners expect situations to come up now and then, when they need to restore their devices back to stock firmware. There could be multiple reasons for doing this, most notable ones being restoring from a buggy custom ROM and wanting to get back to stock OR to be able to receive and apply a new firmware update from the manufacturer/carrier. And it is no different with the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. The official Stock firmware from Samsung can be downloaded from the unofficially official resource for everything Samsung - Sammobile. And as always, here's a step-by-step guide which will help you Unroot and restore your device back to stock firmware using this utility. The process is pretty straightforward, and involves flashing the stock firmware file using Odin - a PC Tool used to flash stock firmware on Samsung devices. All you need to do to get Odin to work well is to make sure you have the right USB drivers for your device installed and ensure that KIES, the other Samsung tool is not running on your PC. Odin & KIES do not like each other
Have these ready before you start
Unroot the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Restore to Stock Firmware
- Download and Install the Samsung USB drivers to your PC from the link above. Reboot your system once after installation. If you have KIES installed Samsung KIES already, you should already have the drivers, in which you can skip Step 1.
- Extract the Odin Package you downloaded earlier to your desktop. Look for the Odin exe file. That's the only one we wold be using.
- Extract the downloaded stock firmware zip file to your desktop
- On your Tab, go to Settings > Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging
- Now Power off your Tab completely. We will now be putting your device into Download mode or Odin Mode as it is also called. Download mode is basically a Samsung Exclusive mode which allows flashing of firmware via Odin. Odin can only communicate with Samsung devices when they are in Download Mode. To get there, press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Power. Then press Volume Up to enter download mode
- On your PC, make sure that KIES is not running, and then launch Odin by double clicking the exe file in the Odin folder
- Connect your Tab 2 to PC using the OEM USB cable. Any microUSB cable should work, but I prefer to use the one supplied with the phone to avoid any unforeseen complications. You should see the message Added!! in the main Odin message box like in the screenshot below, as well as as COM Port number in the first slot directly above the message box, which tells you that Odin has recognized your device
- In Odin, click the PDA button, locate the stock firmware .tar file that you extracted in Step 3. If there are additional file for the modem and CSC, add tthose as well. Make sure the Auto Reboot and the Reset Time boxes are checked and Re-partition box is NOT checked. See screenshot below to know exactly what Odin should look like once you are ready to roll (Ignore the file name below against the PDA button)
- Double check everything in Step 8, then hit the Start button to restore your Tab 2 tostock Samsung firmware
- Once Odin has finished flashing the CWM recovery, your Tab should automatically reboot. And if the flashing was successful, you should see the word PASS! against a green background at the top-left in the Odin window. This means it is now safe to disconnect your device
That's it! You are now unrooted and back to stock Samsung firmware. You can send the device back to Sammy for repairs or you are all set to receive that official OTA update you've been waiting for
thanks for share
You're welcome. Hope you found the guide helpful
thanks for this. installed some custom on me sammy and really wanted to go back to them roots. :-)