Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 root board where you can find super user guides including unrooting. You can also find ROMs, Hacks, Overclocking, related kernels, and other development topics. Feel free to ask questions or try and help out others. Remember, this section is is dedicated to rooting - development topics and all related general questions.
Here's a step-by-step guide which will help you to install CWM or ClockworkMod recovery on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. You do not necessarily need root access to install ClockworkMod recovery on your device. Once you have CWM on your phone or tablet, you can easily install a pre-rooted custom ROM or a flashable root package to get root access. CWM Recovery, developed by Koushik Dutta or koush as he is more popularly known as, also includes a lot more advanced functionality than is available in the stock Android recovery, like the ability to make a complete backup of your existing ROM, and restoring to it at a later point, should the need arise.
How to Install CWM on the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
- Download and Install the Samsung USB drivers to your PC from the link above. Reboot your system once after installation. If you have KIES installed Samsung KIES already, you should already have the drivers, in which you can skip Step 1.
- Extract the Odin Package you downloaded earlier to your desktop
- On your Tab, go to Settings > Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging
- Now Power off your Tab completely. We will now be putting your device into Download mode or Odin Mode as it is also called. Download mode is basically a Samsung Exclusive mode which allows flashing of firmware via Odin. Odin can only communicate with Samsung devices when they are in Download Mode. To get there, press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Power till the screen turns on. Then press Volume Up to enter download mode
- Launch Odin by double-clicking the Odin3 executable file in the extracted Odin folder from Step 2
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB data cable, preferably the one that came with the phone. Any microUSB cable should work, but I prefer to use the one supplied with the phone to avoid any unforeseen complications. You should see the message Added!! in the main Odin message box like in the screenshot below, as well as as COM Port number in the first slot directly above the message box, which tells you that Odin has recognized your device
- In Odin, click the PDA button, locate the CWM Recovery .tar file that you downloded for your device earlier. Make sure the Auto Reboot box is checked and the Reset Time and Re-partition boxes are NOT checked. See screenshot below to know exactly what Odin should look like once you are ready to roll (Ignore the file name against the PDA button)
- Double check everything in Step 7, and hit the Start button to flash ClockworkMod recovery on your Tab 2 7.0
- Once Odin has finished flashing the CWM recovery, your Tab should automatically reboot. And if the flashing was successful, you should see the word PASS! against a green background at the top-left in the Odin window. This means it is now safe to disconnect your device
You now have ClockworkMod Recovery, one of the best and most versatile custom recoveries around, installed on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Enjoy
Last edited by madrao; 02-04-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Hi should i unroot first my p3100 before i install this,its fw as of now is jb4.1.1 and i had a plan to install cm10.1 build by nightly,thank you.
No, you do not need to unroot to be able to install this. Just go ahead and flash it using this guide. You will need CWM to flash CM 10.1 anyways
No sir. You don't. Just select the same file you downloaded from the link. It is an ODIN flashable tar file. Cheers
but not sure if i had to wipe data,cache etc first and which is which or should i install CM 10.1 and Gapps before wiping...please can you help me with
this,if you may provide a step by step procedure i will be much delighted,thanks.
Sorry for the delayed response. Time zone difference
Here you go To flash CM10.1, folow the steps below. I see you have already copied both the CM10.1 as well as Gapps zip file to your card.
1) Reboot to CWM recovery
2) Wipe Data/Factory Reset & confim on the next screen(This won't touch any of the images, music, videos etc on your internal SD card, so don't worry)
3) Wipe Cache Partition & confim on the next screen
4) Go back to Main recovery menu & select Advanced
5) Then select Wipe Dalvik Cache & confim on the next screen
6) Go back to Main Menu and select Install zip from SD card
7) On next screen select Choose zip from SD card
8) Select the CM10.1 zip file and confirm flash on next screen
9) Repeat Steps 6 to 8, but select the Gapps zip this time
10) Once Gapps has been installed, go back to Main Menu
11) Repeat Step 3 & 4 (This is important. Otherwise device will bootloop)
12) After wiping cache partition and dalvik, select Go back > Reboot system now to boot back into Android
You're welcome. Cheers
Thank you very much!
I have been looking for decent rooting guide for a very long time, now I found it!
thanks to you my tab p3110 success to instal cwm!