Samsung Galaxy Rush root development board where you can find guides including rooting, unrooting, ROMs, Hacks, Overclocking, related kernels, and other development topics.
The Samsung Galaxy Rush is an affordable no-contract phone running Android 4.0 ICS available through Boost Mobile. The specs are modest, at best, but decent enough for the low price, considering you are not locked into a contract. Low-Mid range devices often do not get enough developer attention as we would like them too. The Galaxy Rush though, like most Samsung devices, has been lucky though and there is a working root method, courtesy veteran developer Shabbypenguin which lets users not only root the device but also install the Clockworkmod Recovery on it, opening up the ability to flash custom ROMs and root apps, to enhance the overall performance of this device. And as always, here's a step-by-step guide which will help you Root your Galaxy Rush.
Samsung USB Drivers - HERE
CWM Recovery Tar File - HERE
ODIN 3.04 - HERE
Super SU zip File - HERE
Root & Clockworkmod Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy Rush
- Download and install the Samsung USB drivers for your device first. Reboot your PC once after installation
- Download the ODIN zip file and extract it to your desktop
- Download the CWM Recovery tar file and save it to you desktop. Same with the Super Su zip file.
- On your PC, Open the ODIN folder and launch ODIN by right-clicking the Odin executable file and selecting Run as Administrator
- In ODIN, Click the PDA button, and select the CWM-Rush-M830-Final.tar file you downloaded to your desktop in Step 3
- Make sure that Auto-Reboot is the only option checked. Leave all the other boxes unchecked
- Power off your Galaxy Rush and reboot it to Download mode. To do so, turn it back on by pressing and holding down the Volume Down + Power buttons together
- Now connect the phone to you PC using the OEM supplied cable
- Wait for Windows to install the drivers, if that happens.
- In ODIN, you should see the message Added!! in the status message box,indicating that ODIN has recognized your device.
- Click the Start button in ODIN to start flashing the CWM recovery file to you device.
- Once ODIN has flashed the file completely, your device should reboot automatically and you should see the text PASS! against a green background in the status box to the top left of the ODIN screen. You now have Clockworkmod recovery installed on your device.
- Once your phone has booted back up, connect it to your PC and transfer the SuperSU-v0.98+.zip file that you downloaded in Step 3 to your phone memory
- Now turn off the phone and reboot into recovery by powering it back on while holding down the Volume Up + Power buttons together. While in CWM recovery, use the volume keys to scroll and the Power key to select an option.
- In recovery, scroll down to Install zip from SD card and select it using the Power button
- On the next screen, select Choose zip from SD card, and then scroll down to the SuperSU-v0.98+.zip file you transferred to your phone in Step 13. Confirm the installation on the next screen
- CWM will now start flashing the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
- Once the flash is complete, select Go Back and then Reboot System Now to boot your phone back into Android
Congratulations!! You just installed CWM and rooted your Samsung Galaxy Rush, and are now all set to try out those nifty root apps as well as custom ROMs on your Rush. Enjoy
no computer easy root like poot for hydro