• Login:

Welcome to the Android Evolved Forums.

Samsung Galaxy Precedent root - rooting, & super user guides. You can also find ROMs, Hacks, Overclocking, related kernels, and other development topics. Feel free to ask questions or try and help out others. Remember, this section is is dedicated to rooting - development topics and all related general questions.

Photobucket
    Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS

Latest Samsung Galaxy Precedent USB Driver Download

Here is a Galaxy Precedent USB Driver for whoever needs them. Samsung has no driver listed on their site so this has been a substitute others have been using. This driver was taken from this root guide HOW TO Root Samsung Galaxy Precedent Easily enjoy. I have also updated the thread for something a little for peace of mind for some members.

Driver Use: The driver is used to allow your phone to connect to a Windows computer via a USB cable in order for the computer to communicate and recognize your phone.

Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones X86 Windows 32bit Direct Link

windows 64bit Direct Link
    Last edited by PBescabar7; 01-13-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Android Forums at Android Evolved

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just out of curiosity, why hasn't Samsung listed it yet on their site? I know people who cannot purchase accessories outside the specific phone websites but this one looks like a good one.

Device(s)
    samsung galaxy precedent
    Android OS
    honeycomb or google not certain
    guess i dont know how to download this file. can you provide instruction for me please? thank you

I also wonder why Samsung has not posted this on their own site. I would be wary of installing that on your phone - maybe it is a version that is not yet ready for release. I don't have a Samsung but I would wait until it was actually on their site and "official".

Call me paranoid, but I would not bother with this link. It seems unsafe to download something like that for your (expensive) phone before it has been officially released by the company (Samsung). I wonder how the file is out if they never listed it on their website?

Device(s)
    Precedent
    Android OS
    AreaRom v2.0-GingerBread
    Samsung doesn't always list Device Drivers, i have run into that with them, as most of their Drivers packs are universal they dont list them for ever phone,

MySelf as a developer of android software, (IE AreaRom for Samsung Precedent, Replenish, and in the Works LG Optimus Q from Straight Talk) I can tell you the Drivers That are posted work as i have used them on my dev systems for ODIN purposes, Just because Samsung Doesn't offically release the drivers doesn't mean there isn't a driver for the phone just means its included in another driver package, as the Replenish Precedent, Transform, Prevail, and probably 3 or 4 other phones use the same USB Drivers.

Super Moderator
    Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Android OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Area51Dev View Post
    Samsung doesn't always list Device Drivers, i have run into that with them, as most of their Drivers packs are universal they dont list them for ever phone,

MySelf as a developer of android software, (IE AreaRom for Samsung Precedent, Replenish, and in the Works LG Optimus Q from Straight Talk) I can tell you the Drivers That are posted work as i have used them on my dev systems for ODIN purposes, Just because Samsung Doesn't offically release the drivers doesn't mean there isn't a driver for the phone just means its included in another driver package, as the Replenish Precedent, Transform, Prevail, and probably 3 or 4 other phones use the same USB Drivers.
    Area 51 is correct. Its a shame to since HTC, Motorola, & Sony are all notorious for this as well. I'm going to update the the original post to something more comfortable for people to download.
    Last edited by PBescabar7; 01-03-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Android Forums at Android Evolved